Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

That a loaded question but to answer it you must do right buy your business. I'm not sure how doing something to save a couple of dollars in the long run but would cost you 10x more in the long term with decreased employee production and morale not to mention public backlash is a smart business decision.

mrv, which of the three did you choose?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

mrv, i feel like i am taking crazy pills. Poor business decisions? Are you kidding me? What in the heck does GWB have to do with anything? I am seriously starting to question your ability to form logical conclusions. Is there a part of the math I posted above that you do not understand? i would be happy to explain it to you again.

If my restaurant nets $150,000 per year and I employ 50 people, Obamacare says to either (a) buy them all insurance (costing me $175K-$350K depending on the cost of the plan), or (b) pay the government $40,000. Faced with this decision, I can take my business that puts $150,000 in my pocket at the end of the year and (a) close it down, because the cost of the insurance will eat all of my profits, or (b) pay the government $40,000, or (c) fire enough people/cut hours to get my number of employees who work 30 or more hours a week under 50.

Faced with one of these three decisions, what should I do? Which choice is a "poor business decision"?

The only reason I have to face this choice is because of Obama.

In that scenario, I would pay the $40,000. $110,000 is a lot more than $0, so closing would be stupid. Laying off an employee might seem viable, but growth is good and moving backwards is bad business unless you're fixing a problem. This isn't a problem worthy of impeding growth as a measure of fighting it. With health care employees are healthier, shock of shocks. Healthy employees = happy employees. Happy employees = happy customers. Happy customers = more sales. More sales = more money. It's an investment into itself, for a business as much as into the employee. I shouldn't have to point this out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

in that scenario, i would pay the $40,000. $110,000 is a lot more than $0, so closing would be stupid. Laying off an employee might seem viable, but growth is good and moving backwards is bad business unless you're fixing a problem. This isn't a problem worthy of impeding growth as a measure of fighting it. With health care employees are healthier, shock of shocks. Healthy employees = happy employees. Happy employees = happy customers. Happy customers = more sales. More sales = more money. It's an investment into itself, for a business as much as into the employee. I shouldn't have to point this out.

this ^^^^^^^
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Is it 50 employees or 50 employees over 30 hours a week?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

In that scenario, I would pay the $40,000. $110,000 is a lot more than $0, so closing would be stupid. Laying off an employee might seem viable, but growth is good and moving backwards is bad business unless you're fixing a problem. This isn't a problem worthy of impeding growth as a measure of fighting it. With health care employees are healthier, shock of shocks. Healthy employees = happy employees. Happy employees = happy customers. Happy customers = more sales. More sales = more money. It's an investment into itself, for a business as much as into the employee. I shouldn't have to point this out.

So you would be willing to take a 25% pay cut instead of shuffling some payroll and getting rid of a few folks? I don't know about you, but I don't know if I could pay my bills if I took a 25% pay cut.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you would be willing to take a 25% pay cut instead of shuffling some payroll and getting rid of a few folks? I don't know about you, but I don't know if I could pay my bills if I took a 25% pay cut.

My bills wouldn't be over $110,000 a year if I was making $150,000.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

Is it 50 employees or 50 employees over 30 hours a week?

50 employees who work 30 or more hours per week. I suspect some will cut hours of current full-time employees and take on more part-time employees to get around this threshold.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

50 employees who work 30 or more hours per week. I suspect some will cut hours of current full-time employees and take on more part-time employees to get around this threshold.

If youre running a restaurant with over 50 employees making 30 hours a week you're doing it wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

If youre running a restaurant with over 50 employees making 30 hours a week you're doing it wrong.

The restaurant part of it is irrelevant. Says it's a widget factory instead.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The restaurant part of it is irrelevant. Says it's a widget factory instead.

I only see restaurants complaining. Restaurants complain about everything. Here they complain about drunk driving laws cutting into liquor sales. Should my province abolish drunk driving laws?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast