Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Add Denny's to the list

No more Grand Slam breakfasts for the boycotting types:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gislation.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

You know my father-in-law dosen't eat out. Not because of any boycotts or anything like that but he prefers home cooked meals and doesn't trust the people who work in restaurants. I guess that I will start being more like him. If this is what these chain restaurants want to do then fine. I will just stop eating there and make sure that I eat before I leave out and carry snacks with me when I go places.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 11-15-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

You know my father-in-law dosen't eat out. Not because of any boycotts or anything like that but he prefers home cooked meals and doesn't trust the people who work in restaurants. I guess that I wills start being more like him. If this is what these chain restaurants want to do then fine. I will just stop eating there and make sure that I eat before I leave out and carry snacks with me when I go places.

mrv, they simply cannot afford it. Each restaurant is run as a separate business. For many of these operations, providing health insurance to all of their employees would suck 100% of the profits out of the business. Paying the $40,000+ penalty would also have a tremendous effect on profits for most of them. That is why most of them are downsizing so they don't fall within the umbrella of the mandate.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

mrv, they simply cannot afford it. Each restaurant is run as a separate business. For many of these operations, providing health insurance to all of their employees would suck 100% of the profits out of the business. Paying the $40,000+ penalty would also have a tremendous effect on profits for most of them. That is why most of them are downsizing so they don't fall within the umbrella of the mandate.

In theory, yes. In reality...maybe, but it's more likely these are political moves.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

In theory, yes. In reality...maybe, but it's more likely these are political moves.

Not in theory. We are having to deal with businesses and these issues daily.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If it is an individual franchise with less than 50 employees then should be exempt and not subject to obama care. Should they not? If have more than 50+ employees and go under by complying with this mandate then your business simply wasn't very good to start with.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I just don't get it. If a person doesn't have insurance it's his fault for not being prepared for the unknown future. These businesses saw this coming, but it's Obama's fault they aren't prepared? Sounds like a double standard to me. It's also pretty convenient that, with all the large businesses cutting back, the jobs numbers are probably going to be effected. Pretty convenient indeed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

If it is an individual franchise with less than 50 employees then should be exempt and not subject to obama care. Should they not? If have more than 50+ employees and go under by complying with this mandate then your business simply wasn't very good to start with.

mrv, this is about simple math, not business acumen. If I have 50 employees, my after-tax cost of insuring all of them is going to be somewhere between $175,000 and $350,000 per year. My penalty for not covering them will be $40,000 per year. If I provide them with insurance, that is $175-$350K off of my bottom line. Are you telling me that if I am not making $200,000 per year, then I am not a very good business?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this. It's always been know that the mid to lower level wage earners are going to end up paying for this biggest tax hike in the history of mankind.

I went from paying $35 every 3 months (140/yr) for a prescription the day before Obamacare was instituted to $45 ever 15 days for the precription 6 months after Obamacare was instituted. But I guess I'm one of those evil rich white people with my 50K a year job.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

mrv, this is about simple math, not business acumen. If I have 50 employees, my after-tax cost of insuring all of them is going to be somewhere between $175,000 and $350,000 per year. My penalty for not covering them will be $40,000 per year. If I provide them with insurance, that is $175-$350K off of my bottom line. Are you telling me that if I am not making $200,000 per year, then I am not a very good business?

Why is this simple math but Papa John's free pizza isn't?

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast