Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More CBA Talk

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

More CBA Talk

so gary bettman wants a 2 week break in negotiations..thoughts, opinions?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...kout-progress/

what do you guys think are the chances of the NHL even having a season this year? I'm gonna say 50/50 chance right now..after reading that daly is now pissed at NHLPA..and all this personal stuff..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    My traders on Flickr

0% chance we have a season IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I said before the season even started (or was supposed to start) that there would be a zero percent chance, a 2 week break in negotiations pretty much would confirm that. I can't see a season starting in December and having what, a 42 game season? Not going to happen. I think a lot of the players would stay overseas and finish there than come back for a half a season (unless of course their contracts say otherwise and are forced to come back).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

just wondering, how could there be a zero percent chance of a season starting, way back before the season even started?

SCF Rewards
    Country

just wondering, how could there be a zero percent chance of a season starting, way back before the season even started?

You couldn't see the writing on the wall with the lack of negotiations over the summer? It was pretty obvious that nothing was going to happen to save the season starting on time or at all.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

yeah definitely not on time, but how would you be able to know, that they wouldn't be able to save it at all? even the players and hockey analysts thought theyd be seeing hockey be mid november..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess I just view the glass as half empty and kind of expected the worse.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

yea this kinda killed any hope i had left of a season

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

A statement by Gary Butthead that they could endure a lost season, because the fans will come back. Sorry to say but they have lost a paying fan in me. I will boycott hockey games when they come back for as long as they are out. They want to reduce salaries but no reduction on ticket prices. They gouge you for merchandise and food but still want more. What needs to happen is that the fans should stay away for one game across the board and let's see how they feel about an empty house. I know that will never happen but one could dream.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

entirely possible the owners simply want to break the union and start over.
    would really like to see a Canadian rival league spring up. sort of a WHA but having seen the problems anticipate it better to achieve success. it would never work without US teams of course. but only the biggies Detroit, Chicago, Boston NY proven markets. not meaning to leave anybody out because there are other US cities who are proven successes but starting small and slooowly expanding once the NHL is defunct. put it back in the hockey peoples hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast