Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

AUT: I was a glazier (glass technician for the layman). My job consisted of installing automotive, residential and commercial glass as well as custom cutting and building with glass , mirror and plexi products. Before that kitchen, kitchen, warehouse, kitchen, fast food. I am currently not working and in a bit of a bolding pattern with my insurance company after my MS diagnosis. Doctors tell me working with huge sheets of glass will probably end with me killing myself(and I just can't lift like I used to) and kitchens are a no go as I can't do that fast a pace in that hot an environment (temperature affect MS bad)

Also, you say his views just happen to follow those of the party, so I should drop the party line. Tell him too. He tells me I take my positions just to disagree with him. At least his following party line actually makes sense, unlike his charge.

Jay, yes I am, currently, anti-Republican. The biggest problem I have with them is their refusal to see the other side...kind of like you. I don't like how they call themselves non partisan and then take the partisan line every time...kind of like you...
    Last edited by Wickabee; 11-16-2012 at 06:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

AUT: I was a glazier (glass technician for the layman). My job consisted of installing automotive, residential and commercial glass as well as custom cutting and building with glass , mirror and plexi products. Before that kitchen, kitchen, warehouse, kitchen, fast food. I am currently not working and in a bit of a bolding pattern with my insurance company after my MS diagnosis. Doctors tell me working with huge sheets of glass will probably end with me killing myself(and I just can't life like I used to) and kitchens are a no go as I can't do that fast a pace in that hot an environment (temperature affect MS bad)

Also, you say his views just happen to follow those of the party, so I should drop the party line. Tell him too. He tells me I take my positions just to disagree with him. At least his following party line actually makes sense, unlike his charge.

Jay, yes I am, currently, anti-Republican. The biggest problem I have with them is their refusal to see the other side...kind of like you. I don't like how they call themselves non partisan and then take the partisan line every time...kind of like you...

I didn't know you have MS. Terrible thing to have to live with. I am on our local MS Leadership Class Advisory Board. Last year we raised over $40,000 for MS research, and this year over $23,000 to date.

He/we don't refuse to see the other side of things. We see the other side, and we still come to a different conclusion than you. Again, it doesn't mean that we are toeing the party line. It just means we have differing opinions on the issues.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well first, thanks for the work. I have had to take from the Canadian MS Society to pay for my rebif. I appreciate that you do that work. I wouldn't have received anything from you, obviously, but that's great to work helping people with any disease.

As for the rest, I have to ask, why is it that way for you, but whenever I or anyone else, for that matter, disagrees with either of you two are we considered "blinded liberals" or "Obama supporters" or "partisan"? Why the double standard with you two?
    The funny thing is, whenever Jay and I agree, it's on an issue I'm more conservative on. Neither of you admit that any idea coming from a liberal has Merritt.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 11-16-2012 at 06:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

I would say that it's because, often times, having evaluated the facts, we don't see how a reasonable, objective analysis could lead to any other than our conclusion. Please do not take this as a personal dig. It's just how we see things. Many of your posts are lined with emotion. While there is virtue in that emotion, it cannot be part of an objective analysis. I try to eliminate emotion in my analysis and apply reason. If I say you are blinded about something, I don't think you merely just spit out democrat talking points (I think more highly of you than that), regardless of how closely your opinion may align with them, but I think that you are letting emotion and idealism factor into your opinion, thus making it not fully-objective and in my opinion, misguided.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So it's your mistaken interpretations. You say emotion, I say humanity. I do analyze facts and, like you, often have trouble seeing how any reasonable human would see otherwise. The difference is, I at least attempt to understand the opposing viewpoint. I have to say I do not think I get the same in return. Any agreeances come on issues where my views lean towards conservative. Rarely when your views lean liberal. Neither outlook is correct about everything. I see this and say it. I never see you admit a liberal idea is good or a conservative idea is bad, yet you like to say nobody is right all the time. Nobody is wrong all the time either, yet an idea is only good if it lines up with your already chosen beliefs. There is no room for movement for you. Not a dig here either. I like this discussion of tactics.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

So it's your mistaken interpretations. You say emotion, I say humanity. I do analyze facts and, like you, often have trouble seeing how any reasonable human would see otherwise. The difference is, I at least attempt to understand the opposing viewpoint. I have to say I do not think I get the same in return. Any agreeances come on issues where my views lean towards conservative. Rarely when your views lean liberal. Neither outlook is correct about everything. I see this and say it. I never see you admit a liberal idea is good or a conservative idea is bad, yet you like to say nobody is right all the time. Nobody is wrong all the time either, yet an idea is only good if it lines up with your already chosen beliefs. There is no room for movement for you. Not a dig here either. I like this discussion of tactics.

Do not assume that conservatives don't want to understand the opposing viewpoint. In my case, it isn't true.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I could believe that if your posts didn't make you sound like a Republican candidate. If you ever agreed with a liberal principle I may be inclined to believe you.

Also, why is it that you, who never has a non conservative post, can tell me, who has agreed with conservatives many times and continues to do so, not to assume you don't understand the opposing viewpoint when all I hear is how partisan I am and how I don't think of anything but some liberal utopia Republicans dreamed up?
    You're far worse for assuming people's thought, feelings and beliefs, not to mention the future, than I could ever imagine being.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

wow, you are so one sided it is just crazy

he may be one-sided but on this issue his statement is also 100% correct

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

last time i checked 100% is not close to 50%

there is a difference in being mad about who won what and being upset that your company now has more government mandates that will take money from your pocket.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

last time i checked 100% is not close to 50%

there is a difference in being mad about who won what and being upset that your company now has more government mandates that will take money from your pocket.

There's also a difference between giving away $12million in product and not being able to afford something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast