Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    GOP complains about Benghazi info, 5 of 8 GOP committee members skip briefing

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cnn/?hpt=po_c2

    Really? Fox News and Republicans cry bloody murder over the Benghazi attack and the administration's opacity, and then 5 of 8 GOP committee members skip an administration briefing on the attack? That's just ridiculous and indefensible to me. I should also note that 7 of the 9 Democratic committee members were there, but I would like to know what the other two were doing that was more important.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

  2. #2
    Kurt john McCain was doing his own Press Conference on this matter so...ya know that rest
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  3. #3
    It's like a kid throwing a tantrum because he wants a piece of cake, then when you give him one he just says "Nah, I'm good thanks".
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

  4. #4


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,130
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I used to like him. Now he's just a grumpy old man who can't take the pressure anymore. It's like watching a grandparent experience the onset of Alzheimer's.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  5. #5


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by pghin08 View Post
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cnn/?hpt=po_c2

    Really? Fox News and Republicans cry bloody murder over the Benghazi attack and the administration's opacity, and then 5 of 8 GOP committee members skip an administration briefing on the attack? That's just ridiculous and indefensible to me. I should also note that 7 of the 9 Democratic committee members were there, but I would like to know what the other two were doing that was more important.
    There is probably more to the story than we know.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  6. #6


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,130
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    There is probably more to the story than we know.
    How does that excuse not going to the briefing on the subject they've been screaming about for weeks?
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  7. #7


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    How does that excuse not going to the briefing on the subject they've been screaming about for weeks?
    Maybe the briefing was a dog and pony show and they didn't want to waste their time. We have no idea.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  8. #8


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,130
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    Maybe the briefing was a dog and pony show and they didn't want to waste their time. We have no idea.
    They should still go, if only for show. If this was a dog and pony show, they should have gone to see it. Now of looks like they aren't even putting effort into learning all they can, which makes their arguments seem partisan and, there for, petty.
    Not telling it how it is, but how it looks. At the very least it's bad politics on the part of those who didn't show up. This is all that will be said when those people step up to make a point and they won't be heard, whether they have a point or not, because they didn't to see a show.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  9. #9


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    They should still go, if only for show. If this was a dog and pony show, they should have gone to see it. Now of looks like they aren't even putting effort into learning all they can, which makes their arguments seem partisan and, there for, petty.
    Not telling it how it is, but how it looks. At the very least it's bad politics on the part of those who didn't show up. This is all that will be said when those people step up to make a point and they won't be heard, whether they have a point or not, because they didn't to see a show.
    Maybe they had a more important meeting to attend. Maybe it was specifically scheduled so McCain couldn't make it. I agree that it looks bad and he should have made an effort to attend if he didn't have something more important to do, but again, we don't know all of the facts.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    Maybe they had a more important meeting to attend. Maybe it was specifically scheduled so McCain couldn't make it. I agree that it looks bad and he should have made an effort to attend if he didn't have something more important to do, but again, we don't know all of the facts.
    If I am to believe everything that the GOP has said over the past two months, there shouldn't be a more important meeting than that one.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •