Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: My First Expo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

My First Expo

(A little late I know…)

As I have stated on the forums recently, I just got back into collecting again. I have never attended an Expo event. All the talk online….and the Mats Sundin auto session…peaked my interest.

By chance, I planned a trip to ON months ago, before even collecting again. I was planning it around some scheduled Maple Leafs home games, including the Hall of Fame Game. (Let’s get the game back on the ice!!!!)

Anyway…I made the trip on Saturday. I was immediately overwhelmed. The collections were impressive and tables were covered with great cards. In the end, I wish I made more time…and more money. :) Great event!

Now on with the additions….

First, some traders that arrived in the mail during my time away (via group breaks):

Not pictured are 12-13 Artifacts Kipprusoff /999, Niemi /999 and Couture Authentic Jersey

TRADED

TRADED

Some PC items that arrived via deals on SCF or C+C:

Schenn on the front

This one is from ebay...GOLD version!

The rest from the show...

It didn’t feel right to attend the Expo and not try a redemption program, so I went with Forever Rivals. It resulted in a nice redemption card. (Leafs autos/mem are PC)

Not pictured: Net Rivals - Bower and Plante, Double Agents Dick Duff, Immortals - Newsy Lalonde, Base cards of Guy Carbonneau and Turk Broda

Red version

Sundin! Blue version

The bonus :)

The floor pickups (all for the PC):

It’s Crosby and it’s a cool card

I really wanted to add a new auto to my PC. Who better than one of the other Hall members for the weekend? :) I have always been a big fan of Sakic. It is not hard-signed, but I was immediately attracted to this card. It was actually my first purchase.

I was very happy to find this one. I now have all 4 Maple Leafs true RCs from Titanium.

This one is my favorite of the new additions

The Big Prize...

An auto and a hand shake with my favorite (and in my opinion, the best) Maple Leaf of all time – Mats Sundin!

Thanks for the look all.
    Last edited by Captain Collector; 11-18-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: some cards traded

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Awesome haul!!! That is a VERY classy Sundin pic to get auto'd. The Rivals box coulds been better, but the Redemption more than made up for it eh?? And yup, Leafs cards, they're always..........nice.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Amazing show. Love the stories where people meet their "favorite" guys.

PM on the way

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sweet stuff. LMK if the Karlsson is FT!