Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    At the same time though, I myself had to put up with crap in a job that I shouldnt have had to and wouldn't have were I in a union. Maybe replace unions with watchdogs? I dunno.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    At the same time though, I myself had to put up with crap in a job that I shouldnt have had to and wouldn't have were I in a union. Maybe replace unions with watchdogs? I dunno.
    I had to chuckle at this.Watchdogs would be cute
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Unions started out with the right motives...a 5 day work week, no kids in hazardous work environments, better pay for minorities, minimum wage. But these days they are nothing but thugs. Look at Sandy in New Jersey - They wouldn't let the non-union workers help restore power/clean things up! Crazy...

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
    Unions started out with the right motives...a 5 day work week, no kids in hazardous work environments, better pay for minorities, minimum wage. But these days they are nothing but thugs. Look at Sandy in New Jersey - They wouldn't let the non-union workers help restore power/clean things up! Crazy...
    Yeah, I agree. At the same time, if they were to go away, what would the workplace look like in 30 years?
    It's kind of a double edged sword.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

Yeah, I agree. At the same time, if they were to go away, what would the workplace look like in 30 years?
    Very true I work at a job that is let's say hazerdous where people were making $8.75 in the 90's and putting hteir lives in jeopordy.Witha union wages and benefits were brought up to a great standard.But now the union is also the cause for employer/employee dissention and other issues.Damned if you do damned if you dont
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

I just wish greed would get out of the picture and the employer/employees could trust each other to do the right thing..

I just wish greed would get out of the picture and the employer/employees could trust each other to do the right thing..
    The days of this are done my friend.It is all about the almighty dollar.Employees are now cutting post retirement benefits and raising healthcare costs.And as they make more money they complain that the working class make too much money.
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    When have employees generally trusted employers and vice versa?

When have employees generally trusted employers and vice versa?
    Trusted ehh never but employers did take a little better care of employees.I wonder how many give out a turkey on Thanksgiving.I remember from 13 to 18 I worked for a small family owned news stand.ebery thanksgiving my boss gave my family a turkey and every xmas sent my mother a floral arrangement.Something you don't see anymore
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Was this confirmed to be true?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast