Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

At the same time though, I myself had to put up with crap in a job that I shouldnt have had to and wouldn't have were I in a union. Maybe replace unions with watchdogs? I dunno.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

At the same time though, I myself had to put up with crap in a job that I shouldnt have had to and wouldn't have were I in a union. Maybe replace unions with watchdogs? I dunno.

I had to chuckle at this.Watchdogs would be cute

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Unions started out with the right motives...a 5 day work week, no kids in hazardous work environments, better pay for minorities, minimum wage. But these days they are nothing but thugs. Look at Sandy in New Jersey - They wouldn't let the non-union workers help restore power/clean things up! Crazy...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Unions started out with the right motives...a 5 day work week, no kids in hazardous work environments, better pay for minorities, minimum wage. But these days they are nothing but thugs. Look at Sandy in New Jersey - They wouldn't let the non-union workers help restore power/clean things up! Crazy...

Yeah, I agree. At the same time, if they were to go away, what would the workplace look like in 30 years?
    It's kind of a double edged sword.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I agree. At the same time, if they were to go away, what would the workplace look like in 30 years?

Very true I work at a job that is let's say hazerdous where people were making $8.75 in the 90's and putting hteir lives in jeopordy.Witha union wages and benefits were brought up to a great standard.But now the union is also the cause for employer/employee dissention and other issues.Damned if you do damned if you dont

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I just wish greed would get out of the picture and the employer/employees could trust each other to do the right thing..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just wish greed would get out of the picture and the employer/employees could trust each other to do the right thing..

The days of this are done my friend.It is all about the almighty dollar.Employees are now cutting post retirement benefits and raising healthcare costs.And as they make more money they complain that the working class make too much money.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

When have employees generally trusted employers and vice versa?

SCF Rewards
    Country

When have employees generally trusted employers and vice versa?

Trusted ehh never but employers did take a little better care of employees.I wonder how many give out a turkey on Thanksgiving.I remember from 13 to 18 I worked for a small family owned news stand.ebery thanksgiving my boss gave my family a turkey and every xmas sent my mother a floral arrangement.Something you don't see anymore

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was this confirmed to be true?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast