Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another update:

The seller contacted me back and explicitly told me that he refunded my money because he discovered it was a SP. He was apparently tipped off by another Pietrangelo collector (I have a feeling I know who it is but I won't say any names) who offered him $40 for it. Honestly, does this hobby really need to be that cutthroat for a stupid hockey card? The gimme, gimme attitude with some collectors is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyways, the seller offered it to me for $25 which I accepted. I'm still going to report this seller to eBay since I'm fairly confident that holding an item hostage is against eBay policies.

Wow that guy is a first class jerk. You should leave him negative and report him to Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

This is what's wrong with eBay and PayPal now. You can report him to eBay, and they could even reinstate the auction - it is a legally binding contract after all - but all he would have to do is say he can't find it, lost it, etc..

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Another update:

The seller contacted me back and explicitly told me that he refunded my money because he discovered it was a SP. He was apparently tipped off by another Pietrangelo collector (I have a feeling I know who it is but I won't say any names) who offered him $40 for it. Honestly, does this hobby really need to be that cutthroat for a stupid hockey card? The gimme, gimme attitude with some collectors is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyways, the seller offered it to me for $25 which I accepted. I'm still going to report this seller to eBay since I'm fairly confident that holding an item hostage is against eBay policies.

you won the card for $5 and the sale was done and you paid for it, now he finds out it is worht more and refunds you and then offer sit to you for $25
    that is criminal, once the sdale is done it done, his fault for not doing his homework on the card

I would for sure report him to ebay, what he has done is against the rules of ebay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Considering I'd expect the card to actually sell for over $100 now $25 is still a steal. This is why I hate UD! Announce SPs before you release a product so collectors know what is RARE and VALUABLE before they bust and list cards blind!

I'd be pissed if I was that seller. He could have got $40 for it from something else yet only got $3 so he cancels the sale and instead of selling it to someone else for $40 he gives you it for $25. Set collectors will be driving bidding wars for this card and only a few are going to show up at all with those odds.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

you won the card for $5 and the sale was done and you paid for it, now he finds out it is worht more and refunds you and then offer sit to you for $25
    that is criminal, once the sdale is done it done, his fault for not doing his homework on the card

I would for sure report him to ebay, what he has done is against the rules of ebay

How is it his fault for not doing the homework on his card? Upper Deck just released the SPs after the release of the product! That is just insane to me! The problem I have is buyers looking to rob sellers right now! It is not how to do good business. Anyone watch American Pickers? Sometimes they pay MORE than the seller wants/asks for an item! That is called doing business with integrity.

The whole situation sucks for both the buyer and seller in this deal but really the card is likely a $50-100 card so $25 isn't that bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dude0100's Items on eBay

How is it his fault for not doing the homework on his card? Upper Deck just released the SPs after the release of the product! That is just insane to me! The problem I have is buyers looking to rob sellers right now! It is not how to do good business. Anyone watch American Pickers? Sometimes they pay MORE than the seller wants/asks for an item! That is called doing business with integrity.

The whole situation sucks for both the buyer and seller in this deal but really the card is likely a $50-100 card so $25 isn't that bad.

Seriously man? First of all, it's a PC card so I'm not going to go flip it for a profit. I don't appreciate you insinuating that I'm trying to "rob" the seller either. It's not like I offered $5.50 for the card. The seller offered $5.50 and I accepted.

Does it suck for the seller? Yes but it is what it is and I don't think that $20 is really going to put this guy out of business after breaking a case of Series 1. It's an unfortunate situation for the seller but mistakes happen and I don't think it's right for the buyer to bail the seller out in these types of situations.

As for you saying that the seller should have taken the $40 offer from the other guy, that's absolutely ridiculous. I don't think you'd want that to happen to you if you won a Sundin card on eBay. When did it become OK for a collector to cut off an original buyer by offering the seller more than what the card has already sold for?
    Last edited by AlexTheGr8; 11-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

his fault, do your homework, research the card and check other sites and trade/sales, you know the drill
    situation dos not suck for the seller, he gets 25 instead of 5 so he profist off his wrong doing

anyways what done is done but I would not just let it go, negative feedback would be coming

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

I don't think any company releases SPs on non-numbered cards before release. It's just bad luck/trying to get the most for a card possible upon release. How is the buyer robbing the seller here if they don't know the SPs either? It's like walking into a store and they have something mislabelled for a cheap price and they have to honour it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

By agreeing to sell the card for $3, the buyer and seller entered into a binding contract. The seller then broke that contract by cancelling the transaction, with the end result being his holding the card hostage until the buyer ponied up more money.

You can blame Upper Deck for not releasing numbers earlier, but the only valid blame lies with the seller. This is the way of the hobby, sometimes you win on sales and sometimes you lose. If anything, the seller should have waited until these SP lists were released. Ethics should trump dollars in such a situation, but that's obviously not the case. The buyer (AlextheGr8) did absolutely nothing wrong, and to blame him is to blame the victim. This is 100% on the seller, and I don't think it could be any more cut and dry.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

By agreeing to sell the card for $3, the buyer and seller entered into a binding contract. The seller then broke that contract by cancelling the transaction, with the end result being his holding the card hostage until the buyer ponied up more money.

You can blame Upper Deck for not releasing numbers earlier, but the only valid blame lies with the seller. This is the way of the hobby, sometimes you win on sales and sometimes you lose. If anything, the seller should have waited until these SP lists were released. Ethics should trump dollars in such a situation, but that's obviously not the case. The buyer (AlextheGr8) did absolutely nothing wrong, and to blame him is to blame the victim. This is 100% on the seller, and I don't think it could be any more cut and dry.

+1
    perfectly put, thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast