Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Long Delayed Expo Show & Tell

I know that its over, but I as busy for the past week with travelling so my expo S&T was slightly delayed.

I was supposed to meet a bunch of SCFers at the ITG pavillion, but it was a busy time so I only got to meet scottkoz there, although I did see a few more familiar SCF faces throughout the day. On to the show!

Star #8 - 5$
    Scottkoz bought this one on my behalf. It was from the very messy dealer on on the far end. I found him too annoying to buy from him directly, but I still wanted the card. Scottkoz managed to help me out. Its a great looking card, but considering that I had to buy from a dealer whom I didn't like, it drops this down to 8th place.

Star #7 - 50 cents
    I've been looking for one of these for a while either through trade or purchase. This was the cheapest I could find at the show. One dealer was asking 4$ and given the s/h charges for buying this online, I'm very happy with 50 cents. If you have an autographed version, drop me a line.

Star #6: 2$
    A very nice looking card, from an under appreciated set. Certainly the ROI on a box of enshrined is pretty poor and that means that the individual base cards and GU will be harder to find over time.

Star #5: 10$
    I picked these up together for a nice price. I told myself that I wouldn't buy cards from this set unless I could get for 1$ each, but as time has gone by, I'm finding that for the stars, it will be very very unlikely to get these for cheap. I think I probably paid eBay value for these, but, definitely cheaper than any offer I've ever seen on SCF.

Star #4: 10$ for 3
    I got to this dealer just in time to see him sell one of my wantlist cards for 5$ (Forsberg Top Scorers) in a package deal of 4 Top Scorers for 20$. I've been hunting for that one for three years so to see it go so cheaply, I was so sad that I had just missed it. I was determined to find another deal at that guy's table, so I looked through his 10 for 3 bucket and found the plate. I kept looking and picked up the last two. All of these are for trade, but I still want that Forsberg Top Scorers. If you want one (or more) of these in trade for a Forsberg Top Scorers, you have a deal.

Star #3: 25$
    I found this on a table for 50$ and was pretty surprised that I got it for my 25$ offer. I had always thought that Plante stuff was very expensive and this set was a nice one with the picture of the mask. I later found that its /60 and maybe I paid exactly what its worth, but I'm still happy to pick up anything PLante and this may go in my PC, or may be up for trade, I have no idea.

Star #2: 55$
    When 08-09 BTP first came out, I pulled a Turco (PC) from this same set and I've always wanted others with great pads like Hextall and Tretiak. I also really wanted a nice Roy piece, but I hadn't seen one fairly priced. This was at a table listed for 80$. I offered 50, but the guy countered 55 and to get this card, I'm happy to move 5$ from my price. My only regret was that I left some more card on the table that I wanted. I just didn't have the cash for them, which brings me to my last star.

Star #1: 125$
    Near the very end of the day, I was walking along the line and I saw that a guy had a Superlative Vezina Kiprusoff for $250 at 50% off. Even at 125$, its not a bad deal, so I decided to look around his place. Off to the side near the back, was this little gem for 150$. Just goes to show you how cards on 'sale' are just marked up like crazy. I waffled a little because Its a lot of money to spend on a card and while I waited, he said, "125$". If I was considering 150, you bet I'm buying at 125$. The same guy whom I bought the Roy above from had three more vezina from the same set (Sawchuck, Worters and another I don't remember). I was trying to work out a trade / cash deal for them, but he was pushing for cash and I just didn't have that much money left. I think I may try to do this set, but the fact that I got the Plante / Vezina so cheaply makes me think that every future card I get will be compared to this in price. You want 125$ for a Kiprusoff/Vezina? I got my Plante/Vezina for 125, why would I pay that for a Kiprusoff? Thankfully, I like long projects.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See sportfreaks232's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Really nice ...lucky you

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

reoddai

nice pickup
    if your looking for the stanley cup heroes stuff I havea steve shutt avail

lmk
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Hahahahaaaa awesome, you and me are the same guy, hunting and pecking and trying not to blow a chunk of money until we see the card that's "it"...............Plus we have the same taste in goalies :)

That Plante Mask card is a total deal/steal/little ray of sunshine

Congrats!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I know that its over, but I as busy for the past week with travelling so my expo S&T was slightly delayed.

I was supposed to meet a bunch of SCFers at the ITG pavillion, but it was a busy time so I only got to meet scottkoz there, although I did see a few more familiar SCF faces throughout the day. On to the show!

Star #8 - 5$
    Scottkoz bought this one on my behalf. It was from the very messy dealer on on the far end. I found him too annoying to buy from him directly, but I still wanted the card. Scottkoz managed to help me out. Its a great looking card, but considering that I had to buy from a dealer whom I didn't like, it drops this down to 8th place.

the guy is a toolbag... :)

it was good seeing you again my friend

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Great looking p/u's. Do you have a list of Stanley Cup Heroes you need? I have about 6 for trade.

LMK,
    Mark
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

the guy is a toolbag... :)

it was good seeing you again my friend

+1, to both. Thanks again!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Love the Vezina /Plante

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See c_bass22's Items on eBay

That last card is stunning!!! This set will be difficult to complete if you ever decide to go for it. I totally understand youwhen you say why pay 125$ for a Kiprussoff when you can get a Plante for the same price.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

that vezina is unreal. Congrats! The Plante mask card was a pretty great steal as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast