How Do You Estimate & Give Book Value's of Low Numbered Cards?

Hey guys, I've been doing book values for some of my sets, including my Masterpieces and other awesome pc and vintage cards. I was just wondering how you guys judge book value's of low numbered cards. I know maybe technically you can't, but there's gotta be a way to do that. Just looking for some advice with that concerning book value...any help would be great!

And for example cards /5, /10, /25 or lower.
    Living Life To The Fullest, New York Jets VIP ;)
    PC: Jets, Redskins, Mets, Yanks, Nets, Bart Starr & Paul Hornung, Jim Kelly & Looking For Any Northeastern teams!
    Set PC: 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces Football, Baseball, Hockey, Everything Masterpieces!

I factor in the price I paid/traded to acquire the card, look for other completed confirmed sales on eBay, and sales of comparable players/sets.

If you collect Player X, you probably have a pretty good idea in mind what you're willing to pay for a non-auto, non-memorabilia parallel /10 or /5, especially if you've already done it a few times.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 201 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Really depends on the set and the year. A card #D to 25 can be worth a lot in some sets and be practically pointless in another.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content