Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ukiah's Items on eBay

Question Is PSA and Grading as a whole still hot or Popular?

Just curious. I am not and never have bought into the grading thing...I have a few but that is only to help substantiate the quality of my vintage sets. But I was wondering if grading as a whole or even in particular PSA is still a strong biz or have they taken a hit. When I see PSA 8 cards selling for less than what one pays to get the thing graded....I have to wonder when people would wise up. Your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grading was a lot bigger about 10 years ago. That's when you had a ton of companies hit the market because almost anything graded was hot and would sell for X amount of times what the card was worth not graded. But now there are only a few companies left and most cards aren't even worth the time or money to get graded. Seems to me the bubble burst on graded cards (minus vintage and a few others).
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    BO(38)
    Country
    See atcxchange's Items on eBay

It's still nice to be able to buy a card and have a great idea about condition

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Unless it is either a vintage, a highly counterfited or autographed card it really serves no point to have a card graded unless you are doing it to protect the card.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    bench(474)
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees
    My traders on Flickr

I only get PSA cards that are autographed or vintage to ensure authenticity. If it is newer I could care less. But, to your point about the cost associated, more often than not the grading is more than the card is worth. Example, I have a 1985 topps Gaylord Perry signed in person at a show. With the amount of 85 Topps and Perry autos on the market there is no real reason to authenticate it unless I was going to try to sell it and even then would be upside down with the cost of getting the auto and the grading.