Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm here the Sunday after. :)

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyfield View Post
    I agree with it getting harder and harder to make trades, especially for low end collectors like me. Everyone deals with high end and autographs it seems. And the basketball section seems like a ghost town lately which is kind of shocking.
    People have been saying that for years. The hobby is just bloated with low #ed cards autos and game used. That's primarily why I stopped collecting. Nothing is rare anymore. The hobby could use a major over haul but that will never happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Current LSU AU & GU: 561

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyfield View Post
    I agree with it getting harder and harder to make trades, especially for low end collectors like me. Everyone deals with high end and autographs it seems. And the basketball section seems like a ghost town lately which is kind of shocking.
    Basketball has been ruined by the Panini exclusive. I understand they wanted a company that was global to appeal to the growing global basketball market but you shot yourself in the foot by making the company that holds the exclusive rights to the two biggest stars in your sport (Jordan & Lebron) have to make unlicensed stuff. 99% of the stuff Panini has made has been junk and it is driving people away from the basketball card market.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

there is a saying, 'it is the economy stupid'
    no job, no money, grocery and gas prices going up
    less money for eating out, buying cards, etc...
    they are on the unemployment lines or looking for work
    scammers on this forum, ebay, etc... do not help the hobby either
    people are also looking for new diversions... some people want to make money
    some people are only in this hobby to make money, well that is not happening anymore
    i know several people here, who collect nothing, some only collect one or two players, etc
    you get the idea...
    some people started making a little money with their youtube channel
    now, some youtubers are starting new channels for different hobbies or new subject matters
    people are reading more again, books and ebooks, sales are rising
    people are starting blogs and websites of all kinds, some are already making money at it
    they are living their life again, away from the computer too
    yeah, you guessed it, some are playing video games
    need more? i can go on all day.. js

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12