1994 UD Collector's Choice Parallels

Back when I was in elementary school, my flag football teammates and I would walk to practice at a park near our school. On the way...there was a small convenience store. We normally had about an hour to kill...so we would stop there and buy a piece of candy and a pack of cards and then go to the park and trade cards before practice. The store only had a couple card options...I seem to remember there being 1994 UD Collector's Choice and 1995 Upper Deck. If I recall correctly, most of us bought the Collector's Choice because it was less expensive. There are a lot of good memories tied up there.

So, that got me thinking a while back...it would be fun to do something with '94 UDCC since I have so many great childhood memories from it. If I remember correctly, they came 12 cards per pack and you got a silver parallel in every pack unless you were lucky and got one of the gold parallels at a rate of 1:35. As I recall, only a couple golds were ever seen amongst our group...but we all wanted them. Since '94 UDCC is about as common as dirt...I wanted to do something somewhat challenging. I was thinking about trying to assemble a gold parallel set. They aren't that hard to find...but to find all 384 might be quite the challenge. What do you think?

Also, as I look back...I seem to remember UDCC was a new product in 1994. Based on how they were priced, they were the low end UD product with Upper Deck being the mid-range and SP being the premium product. Is this safe to say?
    Tony Graziani Collection: 44/49, Autos: 11/13, GU: 2/2
    Have You Seen This Card: 1999 Upper Deck Encore F/X Gold #11 Tony Graziani 1/1
    1967 Topps FB Set: 132/132 - Complete
    1994 UD Collector's Choice Gold FB Set: 384/384 - Complete

Yes collector's choice was launched by Upper Deck to be a "kids" product that was entry level pricing that still contained everything a normal set did but was priced so that any collector could afford it. The cards aren't really that hard to find now since you got one on average per box and they made thousands and thousands of boxes. But the challenge will be to find every single one of them and the cost of acquiring every single one of them. I would suggest buying lots either on eBay or here to get the most at the cheapest price so you don't blow all of your money on the shipping cost. It will probably be easier to find the stars than the common guys but they will cost you more obviously.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

That's basically what I thought. Even though it's not a overly sough after set...I still think it makes a nice project. I think I will work on it along with a 1966 Philadelphia set.
    Tony Graziani Collection: 44/49, Autos: 11/13, GU: 2/2
    Have You Seen This Card: 1999 Upper Deck Encore F/X Gold #11 Tony Graziani 1/1
    1967 Topps FB Set: 132/132 - Complete
    1994 UD Collector's Choice Gold FB Set: 384/384 - Complete