Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerArmstrong View Post
    Another good game by Kaepernick. 1 rush TD, 1 pass TD, over 200 yds passing, and 1 int. Cards are going for around 40-60 dollars, where before, they were around 12-20.
    So, basically, very little difference from Alex Smith. They just completely alienated their quarterback...did you see the look on Smith's face throughout the game? He doesn't want to be there.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

I suspect that he's publicly playing the good teammate role, but he's got to be fuming big time over this. 13-3 last year, NFC title game, 70% completion rate, gets knocked out for one game and he's now benched. I know that it's in the team's interest to ride the hot hand and all, but this "good problem" for the 49ers right now could turn into a real one in the near future if it's not managed properly.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 201 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

I think this is odd that the 49ers essentially made a distraction for themselves. Could have been handled much better IMO.

i watched much of the game, he had a good game, but not a great game. Especially considering the defensive shortcomings of the saints D. W/O the two int's, it would have been a little dif. Probably still would have won. Being a giants fan , was rooting for the niner's. Don't need those saints creeping up there, especially with the giants play the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    I suspect that he's publicly playing the good teammate role, but he's got to be fuming big time over this. 13-3 last year, NFC title game, 70% completion rate, gets knocked out for one game and he's now benched. I know that it's in the team's interest to ride the hot hand and all, but this "good problem" for the 49ers right now could turn into a real one in the near future if it's not managed properly.
    This is exactly how Tom Brady got his job... Drew Bledsoe took a hefty hit, and then BAM... the Tom Brady era started! and Trust me, I hate how his cards went from being cheaper than dirt to some of the best cards around.

Football can be the cruelest sport in that regard. Pitchers that are out for Tommy John surgery/rehab for 18 months can come back to their old spot in the rotation, an incumbent #1 goalie in hockey can separate a shoulder and return after 6 weeks to his old job, etc. But with only a 16-game season every week is vital in football, and if a guy gets hot filling in a key role, he can become the #1 man at that spot almost instantly.

After Alex got hurt and Kap took over in the Rams game, I took a look or two around the Internet to see if I could get a deal or two on some cards. I was able to get a Topps Precision auto RC for $20, which I think may be a drop in the bucket compared to what's forthcoming. Look at the Contenders RC too - pre-Smith concussion you could get them for under $15; now they're regularly going for $50+ with many in the 70's.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 201 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Bledsoe was out for an extended period of time. Smith? One game?
    Someone in previous thread pointed out that 49'ers have created their own distraction. I guess, we'll see.

I agree that the 49ers aren't handling this very well. Luckily, unlike the Jets, they can still win games; but, I think they should have Alex play half and have Colin play half. Doesn't hurt to have a rested QB.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

All said, though i don't like the way he's handling this, harbaugh is probably a better judge of QB's than most of us.

Harbaugh is a great judge of QB's, but the only reason Alex lost his job was that he got a concussion. He isn't happy at all, but if Kaepernick has one bad game or even a bad half, he will be right back where he should be.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 7/22/14

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast