Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers

Hockey is going DOWNHILL!!!

Why doesen't hockey give the money to the fans. To lower ticket prices would help the fans a lot. The family can go to a hockey game, and not someone who can afford ticket prices.

I hope hockey won't start until 2019-2020. By that time fans will forget about hockey, and start thinking about Basketball, Baseball and
    Football.
    Players are getting to greedy for their own good.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hockey is doing just fine. If you think that there is only the NHL, you are missing out on so many levels. Yes it is the best professional league in the world. But there are a plethora of options out there that are very enjoyable and much less bruising on the wallet. Go see your hometown CHL or AHL team. Round up some friends for a game of ball hockey. Hockey is alive and thriving despite the best efforts of the NHL to damage the game.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

These sports leagues will continue to have work stoppages every 5-10 years because they know the fans will come back. Remember last year during the NBA lockout where everyone talked about how the leauge was for bankrupcy and no one will go the the games anymore. The NBA is doing just fine. No to be perfectly honest the real blame is to be placed on the fans of all 4 sports because as long as we continue to put up with these work stoppages the leauges will continue to stage them.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Yeah it seems to be. I went to 1 game in the AHL this year. I have 5 game season tickets for a team. But I'm giving up at end of this year. Too much $. It's over $200 for 5 games. Granted I have tickets 4 rows from the glass. But still pricey for me. I have better things to do with my $ and I can probably get just as good seats on Craigslist. Even could probably find vouchers to turn in for better seats. I've done that and gotten seats right on the glass.
    I honestly have just lost interest in material things and want to start trying to save. I haven't even dealt in cards in a while. Trying to sell out all I have. Seeming stuff I thought was cool as a kid. I'm 28 now and was collecting til just this past summer. It just seems like it's wasting space to me and $ would be alot nicer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I recently got LeafsTV and the Marlies are much more exciting to watch than the Leaf's will ever be. The NHL will continue to struggle as long as Bettman is in charge of it b/c we all know he's a businessman first and hockey lover second. The league is in a hopeless situation right now and until the owners cave in a little, this labor strife will continue for the next 50 years and I don't think that's an exagerration.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Why doesen't hockey give the money to the fans. To lower ticket prices would help the fans a lot. The family can go to a hockey game, and not someone who can afford ticket prices.

I hope hockey won't start until 2019-2020. By that time fans will forget about hockey, and start thinking about Basketball, Baseball and
    Football.
    Players are getting to greedy for their own good.

majority of sports fans were already thinking more about basketball, baseball and football back when the NHL was playing too.

Also I think in most areas hockey tickets are at a lower price than football or baseball tickets in a similar area

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers

What is going on with hockey. Players know owners cannot generate enough revenue like baseball, football, and basketball.
    I think if only Gretzky stayed with the Oilers, and the Oilers had won another 6 cups. Hockey would be a stronger sport. Canadians will not hockey to go on, and on. Even now fans are, but how much? I think Gretzky made a mistake leaving the Oilers.
    Look how much the fans would have stayed with hockey for many years. Hockey would not have be so dull.
    Canada and U.S fans will be dissapointed when hockey goes.
    Gretzky played for L.A. Big deal. No Stanley Cups. The point is hockey needs a spark.
    Derek Jeter is with the Yankees. I do not like the Yankees. So what, I respect for what he has done for baseball. If baseball went on strike I want baseball to continue. Not so with hockey.
    Sidney Crosby, and the rest of the players will not help hockey.