Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Another Look

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Another Look

madman's Buffett thread got me looking around, and I am very surprised.

In my opinion there are certainly many "types" of people, but those who do not get paid for what they are worth don't usually do as well as they could at their job, if they did get the pay they deserved.

now before you jump to conclusions about the topic of this thread, here is the twist to it.

House Members & Delegates and all Senators .......... $169,300
    Members may choose from any of the various health plans offered all federal government workers. The cost depends on whether they choose an HMO plan or a PPO plan. They may also pay an additional fee and use the services of the Office of the Attending Physician in the U.S. Capitol when they are in Washington, D.C.
    Since January 1, 1984, all Members of Congress participate in the Social Security system and are required to pay Social Security taxes.

Members of Congress who were elected after 1984 are automatically enrolled in FERS, the Federal Employees' Retirement System.

However, certain groups of federal employees within FERS, including Members of Congress, Firefighters, Law Enforcement Officers, and Air Traffic Controllers are classified as Special Groups and have retirement benefits calculated at a higher rate than other civilian employees.

I think the benefits are fine, and the pay o bit low, I wouldn't take the job at that pay, though it pays more than i make now, it s not enough to make up for all the responsibilities I would have, but then again, I would take it seriuosly
    i do like the idea of re-election eligibility being based on performance for all elected officials

how about cutting most of the fringe benefits and raising the pay for those that do perform?
    cutting taxes on employers who offer health insurance
    slight raise on taxes for those who make over 250K but under 750K
    raise taxes on those who make over 1 million, but offer tax cuts if they create jobs or invest in new business'
    cutting taxes on people who make under 250K
    instead of a stimulus, actually create jobs by increasing welfare fraud groups
    abolishing earmarks
    getting rid of the taxes that shut down the coal industry
    passing gay marriage and polygamy everywhere
    legalizing pot and taxing the crap out of it (kind of shakey on that, but it would make some money)
    either do something for real or completely get out of the Middle East affairs
    bring soldiers home to help out here

you can call it conservative, liberal, or somewhere in between

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

You still wont call me Michael ? lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

I really do not disagree very much Jay.Church!!!!