Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is the strike affecting your hockey card sales?

I'm just curious what others have experienced with the strike, especially as it continues soon into December with no light apparent at the end of the tunnel.

Are you finding cards selling for lower than before the strike, and/or do you find that they're generally more difficult to move? I've heard from a couple of dealers who have pretty much put hockey sales aside completely until the strike ends because they were having so little luck in moving things, and I'm curious if others here have run into the same problems.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

i'm trying to buy as much as i can lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just tried selling again for the 1st time since the strike started and put the post up before bed. I woke up to see that I sold one of the cards sold already in the price range I put it up for .
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Yes:

However, I've tried to adjust with Free Shipping on eBay. It has brought me more business, but I feel that if they were playing, I'd have double the volume that I have now.

Based on the old way of charging from $2.50-$3.50 per single card auction - if I still did so....... my business would be down 72%. But with Free Shipping, I am only down about 35%, which is huge, but much better than being down by 72%.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Most of the dealers I asked at the Expo said they it was a good to very good show sales wise for them ??

People were buying singles and Vintage singles.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Lately, I've been doing well moving some limited ITG 11-12 base cards.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

no because there is no "strike"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

no because there is no "strike"

True. This is technically a lockout. That means that the management is the one who decided for there to be no hockey. The players were willing to keep playing under the old CBA agreement.

I can't find an official press release or anything, so this blogger will have to do:
    http://thedailytraub.com/2012/09/09/...avoid-lockout/

Although I get your point. Has it affected my collecting? No. It has affected the volume of transactions either through trading or buying/selling. Less people willing to buy. Lots of liquidation sales and more people willing to sell than trade.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

Yes, I've noticed it. But as they say : "Buy low, sell high"

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The lockout is definitely affecting my interest in acquiring new cards and other items that contribute to Hockey Related Revenue. It has not had much of a negative effect on my sales. People seem to still really like that Pricey fella.

I have become a greater contributor to the NFL's Football Related Revenue, however.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast