Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

I think we pretty mutch make the whole of the subject. He was a dominating force, the best player for a period of time (have you seen him in playoff games? amazing strengh), but he made, him or with the strong influence of his parents, some discutable decisions.

I live in Quebec and I was not angry at him a second. Besides, the players received by the Nordiques with the trade were great, especially a guy named Forsberg who led the team to the Stanley cup some years later, in another uniform but with the same organisation.

The debate should be about what a HOF need to be.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Of course it was, you live in Quebec and he cold-shouldered you! :P

He didn't want to play in a market where he couldn't speak his native language, and most of the people around him wanted to separate from the country at the time... I understand his move completely, even if it didn't seem fair.

Ahhh Paul, even if I wasn't from Quebec I would see it the same way. Sportsmanship is about the love of the game and complying with the rules. Rules are, you get drafted you go to that team but he wouldn't do that. And btw, there was never a time where most of the people here wanted to separate, if there was, we'd be a country by now (thank heavens we're not..we'd be in real trouble lol)

I think we pretty mutch make the whole of the subject. He was a dominating force, the best player for a period of time (have you seen him in playoff games? amazing strengh), but he made, him or with the strong influence of his parents, some discutable decisions.

I live in Quebec and I was not angry at him a second. Besides, the players received by the Nordiques with the trade were great, especially a guy named Forsberg who led the team to the Stanley cup some years later, in another uniform but with the same organisation.

The debate should be about what a HOF need to be.

That's what I am saying, to me a HOF is a leader on and off the ice, a real example. While Lindros was a force to be reckoned with on the ice, I feel the whole package wasn't there for the above stated reason. I was not mad at him, but just disappointed that he thought the rules should be bent for him...I'm not saying his trade didn't work out for the best for the Nords (evidently it did as it ultimately led to a couple of Cup conquest) but bottom line is a real dedicated athlete would have gone where he was told to go. Most of the time, the top pick goes to a struggling team, that's how it is and how it should be...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Hey, even I hated him back in the day for what he did and how he acted like an over-privileged jerk about it (rumours that it was more his parents and agent), I won't deny that. In fact, I'm surprised other players haven't tried to do the same thing since. I always thought the league should have stuck it to him and forced him to play for the Nordiques... BUT, I still sort of understood why he wasn't thrilled in the least to be going there. I should have specified that I meant the city of Quebec was leaning more for separation, not the entire province... or at least, the more eastern regions of Quebec, of which Quebec City is sort of the gateway... ANYHOW... his loss, I always have a blast in Quebec City!

I don't know so much about his not being a good leader, though. Everywhere he played he was the captain, and he WAS a good leader. I think he was largely misunderstood in many ways, but I can't really go about proving that. We feel how we feel about him. I've certainly come to look back on his playing days with a lot more appreciation than I had for him while he was in the league.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 11-27-2012 at 12:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

Quebec city is the most beautiful city I can imagine. Totally awsome. The old part surrounding the château Frontenac with the plains is just too perfect to be true.

For the separation, the city itself was not really leaning toward any kind of separation by itself. Actually, the city and it's surroundings (lévis, Bellechasse) is leaning politically towards conservators at federal and CAQ at provincial, two political formations utterly federalists, even if CAQ pretend to be autonomists.

In the time of the second referendum, the city itself was divided and really can't be named in favor of an option or another. In fact, the result was really close, and have more to go with the lack of information, self-confidence and political manipulation (commandites) than everything else. Federal liberal party have lost a lot in the province since that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Now we need to be sportsmanlike, except if your name is Howe, than elbowing guys in the face is a virtue lmoaf...and playing for whatever team you want...uh, Patrick Roy, after being jeered by his Own fans during a 11-1 loss to Detroit essentially told the Hab's to shove it...These issues have Nothing to do with being a HOFer...what you accomplish on the ice is what truly matters. Anyway, if you are the leading man on a line named "The Legion of Doom" you have my vote!...not to mention another productive line, the "Fly" line in New York...the dude was a Beast with soft hands!!!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Now we need to be sportsmanlike, except if your name is Howe, than elbowing guys in the face is a virtue lmoaf...and playing for whatever team you want...uh, Patrick Roy, after being jeered by his Own fans during a 11-1 loss to Detroit essentially told the Hab's to shove it...These issues have Nothing to do with being a HOFer...what you accomplish on the ice is what truly matters. Anyway, if you are the leading man on a line named "The Legion of Doom" you have my vote!...not to mention another productive line, the "Fly" line in New York...the dude was a Beast with soft hands!!!

Two Habs players were taking runs at Patrick's wife, and he went to Mario Tremblay and told him to do something about it, at least put it to an end for the sake of the team. Tremblay refused to back Roy.

The issue is about that and only that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

ok, well you learn something new everyday, if that is case, Tremblay and the 2 classless teammates should have been sent down the road, no Roy, no Cup...regardless, many a player has wanted out, or not into a market, be it Montreal, Edmonton,- Pronger, or even Boston, Bourque, and Captain Toronto, Sundin, to the Canucks, the list is endless, especially if you include free agents, so whether Big E gets in the Hall for not wanting to play here or there,is nether here or there...;P

By the way, Wow, the more I learn about NHL players behavior's, attitude's and motivation's...losing Respect fast...whoever those 2 guys were in Montreal obviously had no interest in winning Stanley Cups...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Chris Chelios was sent packing out of Montreal to Chicago for similar reasons, he took a run at the Hab's Presiden't wife.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123