Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The threesome that came out of CU in 95 was probably the biggest trifecta flop, two of which have already been mentioned:

Kordell Stewart
    Rashaan Salaam
    Michael Westbrook
    Broncos: Hidden Content
    Base/Insert/#'d/Paralell: 6,000ish
    Autographed/Game Used: 400
    Hidden Content

1995.... Don't forget Ki-Jana Carter! That was an awful draft - only a handful of decent players that entire year (Sapp, Galloway, Collins, Martin, McNair, Law, Brooks, Freeman, Davis.... trying to think of all the guys who signed with Signature Rookies!)
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games or rare D-Wade or MJ cards! Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Covet View Post
    Carson Palmer
    This is a REALLY good example. He had everything - a purebred. And he performed! He wasn't a bust, he was great for a year or two and then just dropped off and his move to the Raiders hasn't helped him.
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Carson's not having too bad a year - he tends to throw a lot of INTs (in the past), but he's on pace for over 4500 passing yards - that'd be his career best. It should be his best year of football since 2006.
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games or rare D-Wade or MJ cards! Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

Matt Moore, Felix Jones, Any Giants receiver that has a decent game
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    Matt Moore, Felix Jones, Any Giants receiver that has a decent game
    I literally 'LOL'd' at the Giants comment because it's true. And yes - Moore stuff sold well, as did Jones (though Jones has never had that great of numbers).

In 2002 I traded my Chad Pennington SPX RC GU/Auto #/5 for $200 and a Clinton Portis Contenders RC Auto and Ed Reed SPX RC. Sold the Portis for $120, bought 3 Ed Reed RC Autos and a handful of RC's and still had $200 in the bank. Best couple deals I ever made :) The good ol' days.

I look back at a few past trades that are awesome like that. I wish I would have written some of them down. I used to trade for NES games with this one guy, and I had traded him a David Wright RC Auto/25 for some stuff. You win some, you lose some!

One trade that sticks out is when I traded a SPX Finite Stackhouse 1/1 card for a Kobe E-X RC PSA 8, a T-Mac Finest RC, and $150 - $200 (I forget the exact number - I made the trade on a Yahoo message board). And I didn't even have to propose the trade - the guy wanted the card for he and his son - they loved Stackhouse.

Do you still have the Ed Reed RC autos? One can't go wrong with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis autos. I hope they go to the Super Bowl so Reed can finally get a ring like Lewis.

Oh yeah kept those Reeds in the PC. I only had about 25 cards in my Reed PC at the time. The times have certainly changed quite a bit.
    You don't have to tell me about waiting for that ring! Not much time left for those two, but it has been one awesome ride.

I think Ray Lewis is an absolute freak of nature - I bet he'll play until his body crumbles apart. His production hasn't dropped. And I assume he'll coach when he does finally retire - he and Reed should both coach, but especially Lewis - he's Mr. Football.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast