Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Donovan McNabb
    Hidden Content
    Buying: High end Sam Bradford, NEED PEYTON MANNING CONTENDERS, Whatever catches my eye from premium brands
    Buying: Derek Jeter, Babe Ruth AUTOS

Just thinking of a few more.

Kelly Holcomb (Browns thought he would be a savior)
    Tommy Maddox
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Quote Originally Posted by Buyinggameused View Post
    Kordell was funny - Steelers fans mostly hated him once he was playing QB.
    That is me. As Slash he was a beast, as a QB he was a bust. I have always felt that he passed up a potential HOF career as a WR so that he could go down in history as one of the biggest disappointments as a QB.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Buying Game Used I agree Jamal Lewis was great. I have a large PC of him. Plus you can pick up his only jersey auto (spx) for around 5-10 bucks. That's a steal

Ronnie Brown - His contenders used to sell for 150 compared to around 10 bucks now.

Larry Johnson - contenders in august 06 was 415 now worth 10 bucks wow.

Vince young - exquisite rookie year $1500 + , now probably 100-200

Anthony Thomas - used to be best selling 01 rookie, now spx can be picked up for 5 bucks

Byron Leftwich - I paid 130 for his spx, now it can be picked up for 5-10.

Kevin Jones - His contenders was close to a 100 dollar card, now 10.

Laurence Maroney - his stuff was fairly valuable for a shortwhile.

Matt Flynn - Kind of a joke here but, he has cooled since Wilson has come onto the scene.

I love when numbers are included - great post. From time to time I'll buy collections or lots, and a few of the guys you mentioned are typically included. I know a Leftwich graded auto was thrown in, and on one recent deal the guy included a nice Ronnie Brown RC patch.

I remember when LJ came on the scene after his one good year at PSU - took a few years and he had 40 TDs in two seasons. Amazing. He was a fantasy league monster, as well.

And I totally had some Flynn autos from my commons box - sold them on eBay. Now they're MUCH less valuable.
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games or rare D-Wade or MJ cards! Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

what about daunte culpepper and kevin johnes?
    Hidden Content
    Buying: High end Sam Bradford, NEED PEYTON MANNING CONTENDERS, Whatever catches my eye from premium brands
    Buying: Derek Jeter, Babe Ruth AUTOS

What about Edgerrin James? The guy was a beast just about his whole career. I also strongly believe if he would have never had his big injury in 01 he very well could have be #1 all time. (I know other will disagree, but he was way more then on pace). He is #11 all time rusher and was in the top 10. Most likely will be a HOF'er. If not something is wrong as out of the top 20 only 3 didn't get in and 2 of them are #17 and #20. He also played in a superbowl. In the early 2000's you couldn't afford his cards. His contenders ticket auto was selling for $750+! His SPAthentic was $450+. His SPX auto was about $400+. Any card you had of him was price. His rookies out of dollar packs were $20+ cards. Now days its pretty rare to see any card for his break the $50 mark. He needs some more love in the hobby, but he was always a quite under the radar player and just did his thing. But he was a great player and sadly I never got to see him play live. Edge for ever......
    My site Hidden Content
    **MY WANTS**
    Edgerrin James & Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball items.
    2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub autos versions. Basic set is done.
    2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto versions.

Edgerrin James is a very good example. He was also a decent receiver from what I remember. I see his SPx rookie selling for around $15, which is crazy. I wonder what his Contenders RC auto print run is?
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games or rare D-Wade or MJ cards! Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyinggameused View Post
    Edgerrin James is a very good example. He was also a decent receiver from what I remember. I see his SPx rookie selling for around $15, which is crazy. I wonder what his Contenders RC auto print run is?
    525! I own close to 40 of them. I also own all the other versions except the power blue. I just cant find one lol.
    Last edited by edgerrin32; 12-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    My site Hidden Content
    **MY WANTS**
    Edgerrin James & Javarris James- Mostly rarer stuff. Also odd ball items.
    2007 topps tx superbowl ticket stub autos versions. Basic set is done.
    2001-2006 topps tix super tix superbowl ticket stub cards and auto versions.

Lol I was gonna say dante culpepper. Sad he blew out his knee. He was starting to look like steve mcnair.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast