Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Good box choices?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good box choices?

Naturally, as a kid, we make lists for the holidays and whatnot.
    Since my list was reasonably small, perse, the prices of things could be a bit higher.
    As for hockey cards, this is what I asked for-

11-12 Ultimate Box
    12-13 Artifacts (2 boxes)
    12-12 Series 1

Good choices? Bad?

I'm an Artifacts fanatic, so of course I had to ask for some.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Not bad if that is what you like! Also depends on who is buying you cards - anyone not in the hobby usually craps a kitten when I tell them how much stuff costs, so I usually just ask them to go by Target and get me a $10 blaster or something...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Im 16. I usually ask for money because when I tell them that I want $90 box of cards I get a look that my dog gives me. I then give my mom the money and buy a box of cards I want on D&A on her credit card.

If your family does buy you boxes I would advise staying away from ultimate. I always wanted to get a box of that and pulled the trigger last year and it hurt. I would advise you getting 2 boxes of contenders at $53 a box on atlanta sports cards. Artifacts is very choice. 12-13 series 1 is not agood choice with no big rookies to hit its not worth it. Id advise 11-12 spx 11-12 certfied both around same price!

Good Luck!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are your parents looking to adopt? If so I can make myself available.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

Not bad if that is what you like! Also depends on who is buying you cards - anyone not in the hobby usually craps a kitten when I tell them how much stuff costs, so I usually just ask them to go by Target and get me a $10 blaster or something...

LOL, my family is like that. I put Between The Pipes on my list, as they're a good set at a good price. $60/box didn't scare anybody.

Not a kid or anything (I'm 27), but of course people still ask for a list. On a side note, my girlfriend REFUSED to buy me cards for xmas!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL, my family is like that. I put Between The Pipes on my list, as they're a good set at a good price. $60/box didn't scare anybody.

Not a kid or anything (I'm 27), but of course people still ask for a list. On a side note, my girlfriend REFUSED to buy me cards for xmas!!

LOL

I think I'm the club president of that group by now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

You 2 need new women. Amy is shelling out for a box of History of Hockey, and her mom is buying me box of Artifacts :D I'm 44, if y'all don't do something about it now you're hooped for life!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Luckily my brother (VanekSnipes) used to collect cards, so my dad understands from his explaining why the prices are what they are.