11-24-2012, 05:57 PM #1
At what point does Ebay stop holding your sales?
Is there a magic number where they stop holding your bling for 21 days?
11-24-2012, 08:33 PM #2
Until such a time as you have over 4.7 stars as a seller. You have to get on the selling star board with a nice score, or they will continue to hold funds.Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.
Want List:Hidden Content
11-24-2012, 09:03 PM #3
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM #4
Long story short, I was told I would need to sell about 75 auctions, offering free shipping to get my stars up to where they had to be for them not to hold my funds.
11-24-2012, 10:16 PM #5
11-24-2012, 10:19 PM #6
Is it eBay holding your payments or Paypal?
If its paypal, its for a whole host of reasons:
With no specific guideline as to why or when (if ever) they will stop the holds.
Here are some common reasons we may hold payments in a pending balance:
- You have limited history or selling activity.
- You have low Detailed Seller Ratings, negative Feedback, or other indication of below-standard performance on eBay.
- You have a high rate of customer refunds, disputes, claims, or chargebacks.
- You're selling in a high risk category or industry such as tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or mobile phones.
- Your business or selling activity is inconsistent. For example, you have a spike in selling activity, your average selling price changes, or you started selling in a new category.
- The account information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate, or we're uncertain about the information you've provided.
- Your withdrawal activity has changed.
11-24-2012, 10:32 PM #7
I'm in the same boat with eBay and tried to call them as well but finally gave up. I stopped selling on there because it is true that you are guilty until proven innocent and for me too it's the shipping charge the problem. Even if i send in brand new bubble mailers with top loader, penny sleeves, extra padding and free bonus card...go figure.
11-24-2012, 10:57 PM #8
Most mid-end stuff I sell ($20 and up) I do free shipping on. Because it's all BIN/OBO, I can chose the price and account for the fact that I have free shipping. I find people often consider that when submitting an offer anyways.
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM #9
eBay/PayPal have never held any funds from sales or otherwise for me, even when I started selling again and had less than 10 recent seller FB. Might it have something to do with you being in Canada?LF these ITG Decades 1980's Autos: Mario Lemieux SP, Mark Messier EDM SP, Mark Messier CAN SP, Patrick Roy SP, Vladislav Tretiak SP. Also may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs; need Lindbergh Decades Trophy Winner Black. PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Also buying Tokarski rookie year cards if priced right.