11-24-2012, 04:57 PM #1
At what point does Ebay stop holding your sales?
Is there a magic number where they stop holding your bling for 21 days?
11-24-2012, 07:33 PM #2
Until such a time as you have over 4.7 stars as a seller. You have to get on the selling star board with a nice score, or they will continue to hold funds.Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.
Want List:Hidden Content
11-24-2012, 08:03 PM #3
11-24-2012, 08:24 PM #4
Long story short, I was told I would need to sell about 75 auctions, offering free shipping to get my stars up to where they had to be for them not to hold my funds.
11-24-2012, 09:16 PM #5
11-24-2012, 09:19 PM #6
Is it eBay holding your payments or Paypal?
If its paypal, its for a whole host of reasons:
With no specific guideline as to why or when (if ever) they will stop the holds.
Here are some common reasons we may hold payments in a pending balance:
- You have limited history or selling activity.
- You have low Detailed Seller Ratings, negative Feedback, or other indication of below-standard performance on eBay.
- You have a high rate of customer refunds, disputes, claims, or chargebacks.
- You're selling in a high risk category or industry such as tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or mobile phones.
- Your business or selling activity is inconsistent. For example, you have a spike in selling activity, your average selling price changes, or you started selling in a new category.
- The account information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate, or we're uncertain about the information you've provided.
- Your withdrawal activity has changed.
11-24-2012, 09:32 PM #7
I'm in the same boat with eBay and tried to call them as well but finally gave up. I stopped selling on there because it is true that you are guilty until proven innocent and for me too it's the shipping charge the problem. Even if i send in brand new bubble mailers with top loader, penny sleeves, extra padding and free bonus card...go figure.
11-24-2012, 09:57 PM #8
Most mid-end stuff I sell ($20 and up) I do free shipping on. Because it's all BIN/OBO, I can chose the price and account for the fact that I have free shipping. I find people often consider that when submitting an offer anyways.
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM #9
eBay/PayPal have never held any funds from sales or otherwise for me, even when I started selling again and had less than 10 recent seller FB. Might it have something to do with you being in Canada?LF this ITG Decades 1980's Autograph: AMM2 - Mark Messier CAN SP. Also need many Emblems and Numbers from ITG Decades 1980's and may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs from that set.
PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Also buying Tokarski rookie year cards if priced right.