Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See jesiahj's Items on eBay

At what point does Ebay stop holding your sales?

Is there a magic number where they stop holding your bling for 21 days?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Until such a time as you have over 4.7 stars as a seller. You have to get on the selling star board with a nice score, or they will continue to hold funds.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Until such a time as you have over 4.7 stars as a seller. You have to get on the selling star board with a nice score, or they will continue to hold funds.

Does volume matter? I'm at 4.9 across the board, but I don't sell a great deal and my funds are currently still being held when I do sell.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does volume matter? I'm at 4.9 across the board, but I don't sell a great deal and my funds are currently still being held when I do sell.

Ebay is a joke, I called, tried to be nice ..... but their CS is a bunch of idiots. Apparently peoples opinion on shipping and handling across the boarder means more than the actual number on the stamp.

Long story short, I was told I would need to sell about 75 auctions, offering free shipping to get my stars up to where they had to be for them not to hold my funds.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

BANNED

Country

The problem with the stars is that they only go back 6 months. I recently discovered this after being quiet through the summer.

Its pretty ridiculous. You are guilty until proven innocent with that system.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Is it eBay holding your payments or Paypal?

If its paypal, its for a whole host of reasons:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ypal-holds-faq
    With no specific guideline as to why or when (if ever) they will stop the holds.

Here are some common reasons we may hold payments in a pending balance:

• You have limited history or selling activity.
    • You have low Detailed Seller Ratings, negative Feedback, or other indication of below-standard performance on eBay.
    • You have a high rate of customer refunds, disputes, claims, or chargebacks.
    • You're selling in a high risk category or industry such as tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or mobile phones.
    • Your business or selling activity is inconsistent. For example, you have a spike in selling activity, your average selling price changes, or you started selling in a new category.
    • The account information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate, or we're uncertain about the information you've provided.
    • Your withdrawal activity has changed.

Basically, they do it for whatever reason they feel like. Might be worth your while to contact Paypal and ask why. It might be something you can do about it.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I'm in the same boat with eBay and tried to call them as well but finally gave up. I stopped selling on there because it is true that you are guilty until proven innocent and for me too it's the shipping charge the problem. Even if i send in brand new bubble mailers with top loader, penny sleeves, extra padding and free bonus card...go figure.

BANNED

Country

Most mid-end stuff I sell ($20 and up) I do free shipping on. Because it's all BIN/OBO, I can chose the price and account for the fact that I have free shipping. I find people often consider that when submitting an offer anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

eBay/PayPal have never held any funds from sales or otherwise for me, even when I started selling again and had less than 10 recent seller FB. Might it have something to do with you being in Canada?