Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: What would you do?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What would you do?

I found what I thought is a pretty good deal on a factory sealed complete set of 1990-91 Bowman Tiffany for $60. My simple question is what would you do with it? Stick it in the closet for a bunch of years, send some out to get graded, turn it around and sell it? I've seen one go for $120 on eBay and some listed even higher. Easy way to double the money. Just looking for your thoughts.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The problem with post Lockout collectors is that they don't care about Topps and Bowman Tiffany from 1990-91.

Successive generations will care less. In 1999 on eBay they were some of the most sought after cards. I still have some of them myself.

However following the 2004-05 missed season, their return in regards to collecting fell by the wayside. The Rookies of Roenick, et al don't get much more than a couple of bucks at best.

The pricing from Beckett has seen cards like Yzerman and Roy take $20.00 hits downward in the past 3 years. New collectors are members of Project Runway and only care about fabric, hence the demise of this very scarcely produced set

In terms of price, this set was offered on eBay last year countless times for $50.00

Still one of my favorite issues and very scarce at only 400 cases produced. Nothing wrong with the $60.00 price, but I fail to see how you could double your money.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't really invest in that. Maybe you can send out some of the cards from there for TTM autographs or buy singles off a site from the set. Especially nowadays, people see something from the early 90s and assume it's worthless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-91-Bowm...item3a7a457bd4

Factory sealed. Sold for $100 including free shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes I think that's the one I was talking about. Forgot that you have to click on the best offer completed listings to see the final sale value

BANNED

Country

You did not say Factory Sealed in your opening post. That sealed box is entirely different. I am talking about opened Tiffany, complete set.

If you can get a Factory Sealed Issue for $60.00 then take it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You did not say Factory Sealed in your opening post. That sealed box is entirely different. I am talking about opened Tiffany, complete set.

If you can get a Factory Sealed Issue for $60.00 then take it.

I think I mentioned it-- doesn't matter. That's why I was asking the question. I'm wondering if it's more worthwhile to keep it around for a while if it's factory sealed because it was a lower-produced set in the 90s which there aren't a lot of.

BANNED

Country

It will increase in value, but probably only in 40 years time. I would not buy a sealed box of Tiffany for $120.00 and I am probably it's biggest fan.