Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Question

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See quadacejj's Items on eBay

Shipping Question

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have 425 cards I need to send to someone in the US. I'm wondering if anything knows from experience the price of sending in a bubble mailer (big one of course that's flat enough to fit through the envelope slot) versus sending in a box? I know shipping from Canada to the US can be quite pricey!

Thank you very much!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Believe it or not, shipping stuff via box to the US is actually cheaper than within Canada. I shipped a Habs Centennial set (granted, that's only 200 cards) to a guy in the US for $8 thru PayPal shipping. Just get 2-3 of those 200-count boxes or acrylic holders, put them inside a bigger box, and you're all set.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I dunno that you're gonna fit 400+ cards into anything flat enough to go through a slot. Don't forget Canada Post goes by weight as well, over 100 grams = $$$

That said, shipping to the US is usually slightly CHEAPER than shipping from Canada to Canada...........

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

To Keep the parcel flat enough, the length and width of the Bubble Envelop would go well past Over-Size. You'd end up paying much more for it than sending it in a double box.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Don't bother with a bubble mailer. It'll be over 500 g and that's the max for a bubble mailer. You'll have to go for a box. Good news is RGM81 was right. It shouldn't cost you must more than 10$. Look into something called "light packet" or "small packet". AS long as you are under 1 kg, you should be fine.

Cheers,
    reoddai

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't bother with a bubble mailer. It'll be over 500 g and that's the max for a bubble mailer. You'll have to go for a box. Good news is RGM81 was right. It shouldn't cost you must more than 10$. Look into something called "light packet" or "small packet". AS long as you are under 1 kg, you should be fine.

Cheers,
    reoddai

Blind squirrels and broken clocks, my friend....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Blind squirrels and broken clocks, my friend....

I'd support you if you want to sticky the thread for posterity. Although I don't think its as rare as you say.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevhur's Items on eBay

please let us know if you can actually ship this in a box to US for $10, I am curious to know.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See quadacejj's Items on eBay

I am curious as well. They always told me that flat is better, so I don't know. I also need to ship it with a tracking number, so I might just need to go up there and ask them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevhur's Items on eBay

if you need a tracking number try USA Expedited, it's pretty fast and not too badly priced, $14 -$20 depending on size, weight and value. It's what I use if tracking is required for a large item

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast