Results 11 to 20 of 158
11-28-2012, 12:29 PM #11
PBS and NPR get about $8million (please correct me) if I remember correctly.
When you ask who gets to decide what is wasteful, do you realize that question can be asked of anything? What social programs are wasteful and who decides? I guess there will be no cuts.Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM #12
Cut your paranoid Military Budget....
The best thing that any US Government could do is take Fox off the airwaves, then people would once again be able to think for themselves.
Sorry, but Sean Hannity is not Wizard of Christchurch. If you look further and approach Fox and it's environs with an open mind, you will see that all the dogs are not barking in Mr. Hannity's yard.
11-28-2012, 01:49 PM #13
11-28-2012, 02:16 PM #14
Republicans want to privatize Medicare and Social Security, not "cut entitlements". They want to break things so they can say they "never worked in the first place". They do this so they can then get rid of them and the rich can get richer again.... that's the republican play book.. and it's what they are playing here.
In the end we will probably see a raising of the SS retirement age coupled with raising the SS tax cap (I think it's around 150k right now?) With Medicare will will see part D cut in size and advantage should just go away completely (this is the crap you see on TV offering you a free power wheelchair or catheters, and the "716 billion" you heard them argue over in the election)
That takes care of the "left issues"... now
Restore the rates of the tax code to 1999 levels (I would do this even for the middle class, but it won't happen that way)... then end the BS tax breaks for things like:
The cost of outsourcing your business, inheriting over 6 million dollars, making over 10 million a year in the stock market, not counting stock market profits as actual income... etc etc
That takes care of the "right issues"
-Re enforce the regulations taken away in 1999 (Dobbs Frank started this ball, we need to finish it, these regulations were put in place to stop depressions)
- End the ability for Banks to monopolize a market.. there shouldn't be 5-10 banks in the United States.. there should be hundreds
- End the ability of TV networks to monopolize TV markets.. this is how we got crap like fox news and MSNBC.. they do not fear competition anymore. Getting rid of this crap would end TONS of gridlock we see in Washington in a domino effect.
Now here's some sweeping changes...
- Put term limits on congress... 10 terms in congress (20 years) and 4 terms in the senate (24 years) is more than fair.. we don't need 90 year olds in the senate and Michelle Bachman's in congress.
- End the electoral college. This created party politics and gave us our 2 party system
- Federalize all elections. To run for a federal office (Congress, senate, president) you should be forced to obtain verified petitions.. then given xx amount of dollars to run in that election. This DOES NOT violate the first amendment as right wingers will scream.. there is nothing preventing anyone from expressing their views and opinions in an election.. it's called volunteering.
Do all of the above... we go back to the smooth running country we were for most of the 20th century.. and can continue to progess long into the future.
Last edited by Imac7065; 11-28-2012 at 02:18 PM.For an updated look at what I have for sale or trade please click my eBay User ID.... usually thousands of items available in all genre's
11-28-2012, 03:24 PM #15
11-28-2012, 03:27 PM #16
Reigning in the media a little might help.Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.
11-28-2012, 05:11 PM #17
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM #18
They're the biggest reason the people of America are so divided.Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.
11-28-2012, 05:28 PM #19
11-28-2012, 07:55 PM #20
wickabee, I am in agreement with you on the media, it seems someone is extreme in one form or the other and it's a mess!Jay Shrewsbury