Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Jay, are the Republicans allowing military cuts? Are they okay with any tax increase? Both are needed or the entitlement cuts will be useless.
    So at least Obama has tax increases, all the Reps have is entitlement cuts. You say both sides are bad but you attack one and defend the other. The fact remains one side is going to have to give first before anything can be done. I'm thinking the Reps have no idea how and the dems are sick of being the first to cave (in the name of releasing the Republicans' hostages, the people. If the Reps.were open to a tax increase and military cuts, real ones, I'd agree with you. As it stands though, neither side has an "at least" to their name. Their idiocies are in different areas but they cancel each other out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

i know, it's to create social justice, which is ignorant

wickabee, i stated earlier both sides are bad off, but atleast the republicans have cuts, obama just has a tax hike.

cutting spending by 30% will help greatly!!!

and boss, no cuts to current seniors, that is one thing i am against

I for one, Would not take the House GOP to real serious about making this deal...until they put taxes increase on the table!
    Jay IMO the GOP plan would hit Seniors the hardest

This grand deal in the end is lots of smoke and Mirrors

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

if the GOP or dems cut anything to seniors they all should be kicked out!!!

wickabee, i am more of for spending cuts than tax hikes, but yes, both sides are messed up

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

AUT you're right raising the tax rates alone will do nothing. In fact so will cutting entitlements or the military. If only one gets done, it will do very little changes need to be made across the board including tax increasesAND entitlement reform AND military cuts. For either aide or any person to call for any one thing is wrong and doesn't help.
    Can you agree with that or are you still fighting to have your cake and eat it too?

I definitely agree. I do not agree, however, that the republicans should agree to any tax increases without real spending cuts.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

Why? First it is the right thing to do
    second it is the correct measure to take to ...if even ...make things appear to be fair...

The Amount has been and never was the issue...It was the GOP following what the election told us...as well Make the GOP bend on their own supporters and at least attempt fairness...

I use the Eisenhower era to prove my points...and you can even look back to the Clinton years....

It is the right thing to do? Why? Those making 20% of the income pay 40% of the income taxes, and you claim that isn't fair to the lower classes of income earners?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

i know, it's to create social justice, which is ignorant

wickabee, i stated earlier both sides are bad off, but atleast the republicans have cuts, obama just has a tax hike.

cutting spending by 30% will help greatly!!!

and boss, no cuts to current seniors, that is one thing i am against

No republican proposal will include cuts for current seniors.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I have to laugh...the GOP line is the worst I have seen in 30 years....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No republican proposal will include cuts for current seniors.

Horse chips!

that is the first place they cut
    Surprised that WIC/Head Start and Eduation cuts are not part of the deal

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I definitely agree. I do not agree, however, that the republicans should agree to any tax increases without real spending cuts.

Absolutely. At the same time, the democrats should not agree to spending cuts if they don't include the military and come with a tax increase. If you're looking for one side to blame you'll never find one. They've taken a hardline opening approach to this which is fine, it is a negotiation, but it's time to stop the opening round grandstanding and really sit down. Right now everyone is just looking for who to blame. I hate to say it, but I do think that, due to Obama being President, it's the Republicans' place to extend the first real olive branch or act of good faith. It would be the reverse if a Republican were in the White House. There has to be a point where the Republicans can not like the man but still respect the office. That's something they have done for a long, long time.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

Absolutely. At the same time, the democrats should not agree to spending cuts if they don't include the military and come with a tax increase. If you're looking for one side to blame you'll never find one. They've taken a hardline opening approach to this which is fine, it is a negotiation, but it's time to stop the opening round grandstanding and really sit down. Right now everyone is just looking for who to blame. I hate to say it, but I do think that, due to Obama being President, it's the Republicans' place to extend the first real olive branch or act of good faith. It would be the reverse if a Republican were in the White House. There has to be a point where the Republicans can not like the man but still respect the office. That's something they have done for a long, long time.

They have. They have said that tax increases are on the table. The Dems have yet to put ANY cuts on the table, and in fact demanded $50 billion more stimulus spending.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast