Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Now that i have bash the GOP and teapublicans ...

Ben Stein is the only person i have to date you said it right. Raise taxes and cut spending...
    The true moderate in me says this is the only way we can address the real issues. The grand Deal does nothing to address long term debt which is 16T...The deal looks to only cut deficit by 2T over 10 years...we will still run a deficit and add to the debt...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

You can't ask a question and then remove one of the legitimate answers, but I'll try to play along. Specifically, what tax hike are you referring to?

Raising the top rates only

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Raising the top rates only

Here is the problem. You cannot view the various tax issues in isolation. Raising the rates alone will not raise any substantial amount of revenue, nor will it have much of a negative economic effect (although it will have some negative effect). Thus, it is really just a political move by the Dems to score points with their base. As a conservative, in these negotiations, I will concede this point, but I have to be given a point in return that also provides at least some minimal substantive economic benefit to the country.

Let me ask you this, and please give a serious, non-sarcastic answer. Why should we raise the rates? Your answer can't be because it will raise more revenue (it doesn't really) or to make the tax system fairer (remember, the people you are raising rates on make 20% of the income and pay 38% of income taxes).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

who did you bash?

so your answer is to help out by only increasing revenue by a near 0%?

this is why i keep saying dems do not understand how to budget.

we need to cut atleast 30%

cut 5% by lowering government pay, pensions and benefits, cut 10% from military, cut 10% from welfare, cut 1% from SS, and cut 1% from MC and cut 3% from UE

and raise taxes on 250K and over by 5%

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

who did you bash?

cut 5% by lowering government pay, pensions and benefits, cut 10% from military, cut 10% from welfare, cut 1% from SS, and cut 1% from MC and cut 3% from UE

That does very little to address the compounding problems of Medicare/Social Security. Some politician somewhere just has to have the stones to say "Hey, Boomers, Seniors, everybody. Your government overpromised you. We're sorry, so now we ALL have to sacrifice in order to save these programs for your kids and grandkids."

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

so you should bully a bully?

i would think the better person would e able to get past trying to get even and move forward with sound plans, and if the GOP doesn't go along, well their excuses will be gone.

the fact is all the dems have brought is a tax hike that would only increase help out the margin by 2%, we need to cut spending by 30% and raise taxes.

The Republicans are doing the exact same thing. The fact you think they have an excuse when they Have their own "can't touch" list which includes the military and taxes is hilarious. What excuse do the Reps have? None. They won't deal either. How are you not seeing this?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here is the problem. You cannot view the various tax issues in isolation. Raising the rates alone will not raise any substantial amount of revenue, nor will it have much of a negative economic effect (although it will have some negative effect). Thus, it is really just a political move by the Dems to score points with their base. As a conservative, in these negotiations, I will concede this point, but I have to be given a point in return that also provides at least some minimal substantive economic benefit to the country.

Let me ask you this, and please give a serious, non-sarcastic answer. Why should we raise the rates? Your answer can't be because it will raise more revenue (it doesn't really) or to make the tax system fairer (remember, the people you are raising rates on make 20% of the income and pay 38% of income taxes).

Why? First it is the right thing to do
    second it is the correct measure to take to ...if even ...make things appear to be fair...

The Amount has been and never was the issue...It was the GOP following what the election told us...as well Make the GOP bend on their own supporters and at least attempt fairness...

I use the Eisenhower era to prove my points...and you can even look back to the Clinton years....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

who did you bash?

And the Republicans do? Really Jay ?

This rasie is NOTHING about the amount ....I hope soon you understand that....

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

AUT you're right raising the tax rates alone will do nothing. In fact so will cutting entitlements or the military. If only one gets done, it will do very little changes need to be made across the board including tax increasesAND entitlement reform AND military cuts. For either aide or any person to call for any one thing is wrong and doesn't help.
    Can you agree with that or are you still fighting to have your cake and eat it too?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i know, it's to create social justice, which is ignorant

wickabee, i stated earlier both sides are bad off, but atleast the republicans have cuts, obama just has a tax hike.

cutting spending by 30% will help greatly!!!

and boss, no cuts to current seniors, that is one thing i am against

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast