Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

People shouldn't be penalized for making more money.

It's not a penalty.

Rich people didn't become rich on their own, they took advantage of the resources a government and this country provides.

And as such, you should help out more, we're all in this together......that's how a society functions.

But the ultra rich don't like that.....some of them are the type that want to burn the bridge they just crossed.

Sure, they got wealthy but screw everyone else, right?

Nonsense.....like I said, if it's class warfare you want, that's what you'll get.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

It's not a penalty.

Rich people didn't become rich on their own, they took advantage of the resources a government and this country provides.

And as such, you should help out more, we're all in this together......that's how a society functions.

But the ultra rich don't like that.....some of them are the type that want to burn the bridge they just crossed.

Sure, they got wealthy but screw everyone else, right?

Nonsense.....like I said, if it's class warfare you want, that's what you'll get.

I'm gonna save myself here and just end this at your last post. There is so much wrong with that post, so much stereotyping and so many wrong assumptions that it's just not worth my time to explain
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm gonna save myself here and just end this at your last post. There is so much wrong with that post, so much stereotyping and so many wrong assumptions that it's just not worth my time to explain

Where is the stereotyping?

I said SOME rich people want to burn the bridge they just crossed, that's true.

Some of them like the fact they got the help they needed to become successful but they couldn't care less for the rest of us who also wish to be successful.

I'm not Anti-rich.....but I AM Anti-Greed!

And that's the way a lot of the wealthiest Americans seem to act nowadays, more tax cuts while the rest of us have to surrender more entitlements and continue earning TERRIBLE wages.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

That's completely unreasonable.

Everyone should be taxed the same, and when I say that, I mean a straight tax percentage. Just because people make more money doesn't mean they should be taxed at (potentially) a higher rate than those who make less money and vice versa.

It's really common sense, I don't get why it's not done.

Why is that so hard to understand a progressive tax system ?
    Why should they be taxed at a higher rate? They can afford it...

Mr Romney making 20 million and paid 14% ? Really?
    What was Sen. McConnell pay on his 6 millin last year? I bet around 14%

We are not penalizing people at all so stop with that nonsense right there. Being taxed is part of society. Plain and simple
    Remember FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!

so you say it is common sense to let people strave? let children die from cancer or injections? Really ? that what i do not get

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Why isn't anyone talking about capping deductions?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

I would be for a progressive tax increase but the system is not progressive. Poor people pay no taxes and the extremely rich do not pay their fair share. Why should someone making 250k a year be taxed at the same rate as someone making 10 million. Nope not progressive.

The other thing that is iterating is the majority of people making between 250k and 1 million are young professionals with lots of debt to get to that point.

In my area the government is decrease reimbursement and taxing us at a higher rate. Sweet!!

I still voted Obama because Rominator was going to be aggressive with wars in the Middle East. You can't make any money if you are dead.

I am one of those people that might vote Republican in the future if they truly hold to their message. Less spending including the military. TheY need to stay out of other people's lives toO. It makes me uncomfortable to try to tell people what to do with their personal lives.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 12-03-2012 at 10:50 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Why is that so hard to understand a progressive tax system ?
    Why should they be taxed at a higher rate? They can afford it...

Mr Romney making 20 million and paid 14% ? Really?
    What was Sen. McConnell pay on his 6 millin last year? I bet around 14%

We are not penalizing people at all so stop with that nonsense right there. Being taxed is part of society. Plain and simple
    Remember FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!

so you say it is common sense to let people strave? let children die from cancer or injections? Really ? that what i do not get

Show me where I said that. I'll wait while you try to find it, once you do, I'll respond to everything else.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Show me where I said that. I'll wait while you try to find it, once you do, I'll respond to everything else.

You didnt have to Dan

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would be for a progressive tax increase but the system is not progressive. Poor people pay no taxes and the extremely rich do not pay their fair share. Why should someone making 250k a year be taxed at the same rate as someone making 10 million. Nope not progressive.

The other thing that is iterating is the majority of people making between 250k and 1 million are young professionals with lots of debt to get to that point.

In my area the government is decrease reimbursement and taxing us at a higher rate. Sweet!!

I still voted Obama because Rominator was going to be aggressive with wars in the Middle East. You can't make any money if you are dead.

I am one of those people that might vote Republican in the future if they truly hold to their message. Less spending including the military. TheY need to stay out of other people's lives toO. It makes me uncomfortable to try to tell people what to do with their personal lives.

Thats is a progressive tax system - higher the wage the large the rate ...and yes there will be people who do not pay income tax ...why? they cannot afford it. Pretty Simple

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why isn't anyone talking about capping deductions?

Which ones?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast