Kansas City Chiefs wait to get Peyton Manning's autograph after the game

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...denver-broncos

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles apparently was so impressed with Peyton Manning's performance against his team that he asked for the quarterback's autograph after the game.

In its postgame report, KCTV aired video of Charles waiting for Manning as he departed the stadium to get his autograph. Manning rallied the AFC West-leading Denver Broncos to their eighth win of the season as the last-place Chiefs dropped their eighth straight game.

"My mom wanted this autograph," he told the television station.

Charles, in a tweet Tuesday afternoon, thanked his Twitter followers for their support by writing, "Thank for the support and relax on the P Manning story, just two warriors showing each other respect..."

Receiver Dwayne Bowe, meanwhile, got his picture taken with Manning after Sunday's game.

"It's Peyton Manning," he said. "Who wouldn't want a picture with him?"
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

i dont blame him...not like he gave up on the team
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is also for trade
    Hidden Content

C'mon, it's Peyton Manning... future HOF QB. I would have done the same thing and then said "man, I wish I could play with the Broncos". LOL

Athletes do it all the time in all sports, I don't see why it's been made such a big deal.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I'm just surprise Charles didn't try to rack up on Manning. LOL. Aside from that, I don't know what the Chiefs' fans are so fired up about. Away from the game, pro athletes are fans too, just like everyone else.
    NOT doing 50/50s nor consignments!

If I was a player I would ask peyton for his auto, heck I would ask many players for their auto.
    big deal? Not to any normal person but to the media its just wrong for players to get autographs allthough they do it all the time.
    Looking for Atlanta Falcons cards GO FALCONS! Hidden Content
    Also looking for star NBA and NFL players jersey and auto cards
    If Iam slow to reply to post and pms Iam a freshman in college and I don't live on the computer

Yea I love when the media blows stuff like this up. So athletes can't have idols? Jerry Rice said he would have no problem posing for a picture or swapping jerseys with another player.
    ~Matt

Quote Originally Posted by HerdsMan87 View Post
    Yea I love when the media blows stuff like this up. So athletes can't have idols? Jerry Rice said he would have no problem posing for a picture or swapping jerseys with another player.
    Cris Carter was on Mike and Mike the other morning talking about the huge number of opponents he got autographs, game used jerseys, and pictures from. It was kind of cool to hear. There is nothing wrong with this at all, I agree with ya.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content