Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Tapouttazz9's Items on eBay

Inch in mark on a almost flawless card ... How much will it devalue

I have the chance to buy a very nice card of a player I will not name... It has a little pen Bloch about a inch. The card with out the spot on the back would sell for 3000-5000$ on eBay with out the pen Bloch in the condition it's in. Do you think some thing like that makes the card worthless or is it still worth money .. And how much will it be devalued

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

What is a bloch?

Do you mean blotch? If so, rub it off. It's no doubt a Cup card and the surfaces are so shiny to begin with, it should rub right off.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's not a cup card it's year is between 1950-1970

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Bobby Orr Rookie OPC?

What do I win?
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not going to name the card I just want to no if its worth getting the card still it's at a great price only flaw is the little pen spit

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ajw9356's Items on eBay

Is it a ball point or sharpie pen blotch? If it's a print mark from the manufacturer, in my opinion it's not as bad as a defaced card from an ink pen. Some companies won't grade a defaced card, more than likely just authenticate. PSA however will give a card a grade with a qualifier like PM for print mark. Tough call, always a gamble when you're dealing with something like that though. I would think 5-10% book for a defaced card max if it's just very minor, again, just my opinion. Maybe 20-40% book max for a print marked card that is otherwise really nice. Again, sounds like it's a highly desirable card and so there will always be a market for it, just how much is always the key. Clear as mud, huh. I'm sure there will be other opinions that won't agree.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

I think ajw hit the nail in the head. This really depends on what the card is. From the sounds of it, it is highly desirable and a "blotch" will only devaluate it slightly....but it all comes down on the card and the blotch.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

If it's between 1950 and 1970 it may also be a printing spot. Card were littered with printing spots between those years.

I haven't seen the card so I cannot tell. If I saw the card I could tell you. If it's a pen mark, then come down to the 2nd price range.