Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Anyone had an autograph stolen from they're envelope before?

    i got home and found one of my envelopes was opened in the mail and it was completely empty…pretty pissed about it because i have no idea who it was
    Hidden Content
    Davids Sports Autographs. (my facebook page)

    Hidden Content
    Davids Autograph Store. (my autograph store)

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyboi90 View Post
    i got home and found one of my envelopes was opened in the mail and it was completely empty…pretty pissed about it because i have no idea who it was
    I have received envelopes/folders that were totally unsealed with my autographed item(s) still safely inside! The ones that upset me the most are ones that are never returned. I would much rather get an empty envelope or an RTS than the ones that never return home...

  3. #3
    One thing you can do (people do this for autographs as well as for wedding invitation response cards) is to number one of the corners of the envelope and track who that number was sent to. That way, when you get it back, you know who it was. This helps if you can't read the autograph, or in the case of a wedding, if the person didn't put their name on the response card you still know who it came from.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lizard-jd View Post
    I have received envelopes/folders that were totally unsealed with my autographed item(s) still safely inside! The ones that upset me the most are ones that are never returned. I would much rather get an empty envelope or an RTS than the ones that never return home...
    Would using one of those envelopes where the sticky thing peels off and then tapes itself because it's sticky to the envelope not work? Only thing is that I've seen those for normal or larger sized envelopes but not the smaller ones which you place inside your own envelope and expect back.
    Buying: ITG Enshrined base cards: Hidden Content and similar base cards showing career stats for pre-60s retired hockey players

  5. #5
    bob saget sent a signed postcard in the mail.....just a postcard no envelope and some how it made it to my mailbox unharmed. guess i was lucky
    have 4242 different cardinals cards


  6. #6
    Ironically, my autographed card of Mike Leake, an arrested thief, was stolen from the envelope. I know it was him because when I got the unsealed envelope, a note saying thanks for the letter was still inside .....
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    I had a baseball bat w/ 13 sigs I was sending TTM stolen, in either Bethpage, NY or Dallas, TX. Eddie Robinson get's the package but no bat. He called 411 in NY and tracked me down. Great guy, just sucks I lost the bat. Thank god I had insurance and no one I had on it has died. I've started a new one and it's been good so far.

  8. #8
    I have received many envelopes unsealed with the card still inside
    what grinds my stomach is i have not received back cards from players that do sign ttm
    if you look in the trade manager section / if this is the case mine are not i might just be that 1 out of 100 or my mail man has a great collection lol
    also i would rather get a RTS than nothing at all
    back in 2010 sent out 50 cards SPRING TRAINING GOT 4 BACK THE TRASH/LANDFILL ATE GOOD THAT YEAR LOL

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mberger718 View Post
    One thing you can do (people do this for autographs as well as for wedding invitation response cards) is to number one of the corners of the envelope and track who that number was sent to. That way, when you get it back, you know who it was. This helps if you can't read the autograph, or in the case of a wedding, if the person didn't put their name on the response card you still know who it came from.
    I do this. I will put the date sent and initials of the person in the bottom corner of my SASE. I already keep my requests logged in on another site. So if ever an issue of who an auto might be, if I just sent index or something that isn't obvious who the player is. Then I just look at the date and see who I sent to.
    Cards and other items available on my Google + page
    Hidden Content

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •