Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 112
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    And if that's your answer, you are not an atheist. An atheist doesn't entertain the thought of God existing any more than you or I entertain the thought of Santa Clause existing.
    I responded to this claim long time ago.....but if you want to bring this up again, I'm more than happy to answer it once more.

    I am an agnostic-atheist....

    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  2. #92



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,469
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Again, you're mixing more than one theory together.

    Evolution is the diversity of life once it's already here. (Evolution is both a theory and a fact and I fully agree with it)

    Abiogenesis is a theory on how life COULD HAVE arose form non-organic life. (Abiogenesis is still in it's "infancy" and it is not a sound as evolution.....the current consensus is that we simply don't know yet.)

    And I'm perfectly fine with the answer "I don't know".
    I'm well aware of what I'm doing, I'm just busting your balls a little bit. You have to admit though that having life emerge spontaneously from molten rock and chemical reactions seems kind of.......magical.
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  3. #93


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,753
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    I responded to this claim long time ago.....but if you want to bring this up again, I'm more than happy to answer it once more.

    I am an agnostic-atheist....

    No, you're buying into a made up myth. You are agnostic, not both. Either believe there's no chance of a God or stop selling yourself as something that doesn't exist.
    It's a cute way to answer, "what if God shows himself?" but it's unlike calling yourself a Christian Jew. Either he's the saviour or he's not.
    Either you believe in God or you don't. Disbelief with the idea that it is possible is agnosticism. You're just trying to get into the cool group by calling yourself an atheist.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    No, you're buying into a made up myth. You are agnostic, not both. Either believe there's no chance of a God or stop selling yourself as something that doesn't exist.
    LOL, you can't be serious....made up?

    Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive, you can be both since they each answer different questions.

    An agnostic doesn't KNOW if god exists.

    An Atheist doesn't BELIEVE a god exists.

    There's a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    It's a cute way to answer, "what if God shows himself?" but it's unlike calling yourself a Christian Jew. Either he's the saviour or he's not.
    Either you believe in God or you don't. Disbelief with the idea that it is possible is agnosticism.
    I don't.

    But if evidence were to be brought up I would....same for alien life, bigfoot, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You're just trying to get into the cool group by calling yourself an atheist.
    Yeah, being in the most hated minority group in the U.S is definitely cool...
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  5. #95


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,753
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    1: Distrusted and hated are two different things. You're not persecuted. You're a whiner. End of story.

    2: An atheist believes there is no God. An agnostic is a different thing. No one "knows" whether God exists. At all. No one. Since know one knows, I guess we're all agnostic. Am I an agnostic theist? No. There is no such thing. You're playing semantics and using a made up and incorrect definition to perpetuate a truth that has never existed except for in the minds of some people who had to say they would believe if there was proof.
    An atheist doesn't even entertain the idea that proof could exist. Any other definition is me leading. You are agnostic. You don't get to sit at the cool kids' table. That's for atheists. Deal with it.

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    2: An atheist believes there is no God. An agnostic is a different thing. No one "knows" whether God exists. At all. No one. Since know one knows, I guess we're all agnostic. Am I an agnostic theist? No. There is no such thing. You're playing semantics and using a made up and incorrect definition to perpetuate a truth that has never existed except for in the minds of some people who had to say they would believe if there was proof.
    An atheist doesn't even entertain the idea that proof could exist. Any other definition is me leading. You are agnostic. You don't get to sit at the cool kids' table. That's for atheists. Deal with it.
    The bold sentence is absolutely stupid and shocking that you would even say that.

    I think I'm done discussing this with you because you have failed to understand simple concepts which most people accept such as the fact that knowledge and beliefs are two non mutually exclusive positions.

    YES....I can be agnostic and an atheist.

    You deal with it!
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  7. #97


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,753
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    If you throw out all respect for the English language and accept that you need to have your cake and eat it too, then you're correct.
    As it stands in reality, I'll just let you believe the impossible exists so long as you promise never to teach anyone about theism or English. Deal?

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    If you throw out all respect for the English language and accept that you need to have your cake and eat it too, then you're correct.
    As it stands in reality, I'll just let you believe the impossible exists so long as you promise never to teach anyone about theism or English. Deal?
    Dude seriously, you're just talking utter nonsense now.

    You refuse to acknowledge that the two positions are not mutually exclusive and thus a person can have both stands.

    It is hilarious that here you are talking about the English language but you're failing at simple concepts.

    ONE deals with BELIEF......the other with Knowledge.

    And I'm not teaching anything, I'm laying out my positions and beliefs.

    Seriously.....educate yourself: http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/09/25/8419/
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  9. #99


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,753
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Dude seriously, you're just talking utter nonsense now.

    You refuse to acknowledge that the two positions are not mutually exclusive and thus a person can have both stands.

    It is hilarious that here you are talking about the English language but you're failing at simple concepts.

    ONE deals with BELIEF......the other with Knowledge.

    And I'm not teaching anything, I'm laying out my positions and beliefs.

    Seriously.....educate yourself: http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/09/25/8419/
    Your knowledge vs belief is senseless. No one has knowledge...does that mean we're all agnostics? Just because someone says something doesn't change what they really are. If you entertain the possibility of God, you are no atheist. It can't get any plainer, but you'll muddy it up to defend your made-up position.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Your knowledge vs belief is senseless. No one has knowledge...does that mean we're all agnostics? Just because someone says something doesn't change what they really are. If you entertain the possibility of God, you are no atheist. It can't get any plainer, but you'll muddy it up to defend your made-up position.
    It is NOT my "made-up position".....it was first used by the Philosopher Robert Flint more than 100 years ago.

    You're very stubborn about this, but I'm ready to defend my positions and beliefs at any time.

    If you still insist though:

    Logic and Reason is all you need.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •