Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What kind of Athest/Theist are you?

To piggy back off a post by our good friend JustAlex I am curious to know what you fall under. I myself would consider myself an agnostic theist. What about you?

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I am an Agnostic atheist that KNOWS that the God made up by religions around the world is UNTRUE.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I find these "sub-categories" to be comical.

#1 is simply an atheist that isn't sure that he/she isn't making a mistake by being an atheist
    #2 is what I perceive to be an atheist
    #3 is simply an agnostic that isn't dedicated enough to be an atheist or a true believer
    #4 is a true believer that can't make up his/her mind on which religion to follow

I am none of those four. I am plain ole' agnostic. I believe that there is a higher power, but I do not conform to any one religion's teachings or accept that any one religion has it all right.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm a Fire truck!
    Weeooooweeeeoooooooweeeeeoooooo

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

What is comical is the fact that there are so many people who don't understand the difference between believing something and knowing something. A simple distinction that many "believers" have a hard time grasping. I guess it is no surprise that they believe to begin with. lol

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What is comical is the fact that there are so many people who don't understand the difference between believing something and knowing something. A simple distinction that many "believers" have a hard time grasping. I guess it is no surprise that they believe to begin with. lol

No one knows.
    So I guess everyone is an agnostic something.

Theist - One who believes there is a God.
    Atheist - One who believes there is no God
    Agnostic - One who believes any God is unknowable OR one who just doesn't take a position.

If you're an atheist, you believe God's lack of existence will one day be proven.
    If you're a theist, you believe God will one day show himself.
    If you're agnostic you don't believe or disbelieve. You take neither position. It's not a matter of "I don't believe until he shows himself" it's a matter of "if he exists, we're never going to know for certain, so who cares.

Mashing things together so atheist can still say, "but if he does show himself, obviously I'd believe" and calling themselves agnostic-atheists is comical.

In short an agnostic takes no position. A theist or atheist does. That's why they can't be mashed up. These mash-up terms are self-contradictory.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 12-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would love to see what our resident conservative christians classify themselves as.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

??? Can not Atheism be considered a religion??

SCF Rewards
    Country

??? Can not Atheism be considered a religion??

Some atheists do indeed treat atheism and or science as their own personal religion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some atheists do indeed treat atheism and or science as their own personal religion.

Yes, some do.....most don't.

====================

I'm going to make my beliefs fully known, and I'm not going to fight about concepts which are crystal clear to define and understand, playing semantics and word games is a typical tactic from ignorance and one which I am very tired of arguing on.

Before anything I am a Skeptic.

I wasn't always skeptical, but I turned into one when I finally started looking into my christian beliefs.

My Skepticism eventually lead to my rejection to any and all religion.

Any "faith" I had in the made-up human concept of "god" quickly vanished thereafter.

Today, I live my life with the same human reasoning that we all have.....LOGIC!

It is illogical to believe in something which has no evidence and can't be testable.

However, I recognize that people need comfort and sometimes MUST rely on illogical things.....and I'm ok with that.

I tolerate these people, I am friends with these people, I love these people.

I however do NOT tolerate nor accept their basis for this illogical nonsense....."religion".

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast