Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

I am so FRUSTRATED!!! Sellers who lack COMMON SENSE... seriously!!!

First off I am NOT referring to any member on this site, I'll say it again, this is NOT in reference to anyone from this site, although I'd be pretty upset if people here lack as much common sense as the seller I just tried to conduct business with earlier this evening.

So since SCF has been slow/down due to upgrades n such lately I started checking out the blowout cards message board. As some of you guys already know I recently started collecting the 2011-12 ITG Enforcers set, base/auto/GU's, I want it! So I posted a thread on that site stating that I was looking to trade/purchase any Enforcer card that I needed for my collection, well 15mins later I receive a PM from a seller listing 4 cards (2 GU's and 2 Base) for $15DLVD. While it's a little steep, $15 really isn't all that bad considering if I purchase 4 cards on eBay chances are it's from multiple Canadian seller and the total usually amounts to around that same price range. Well I look at my checklist and notice I already HAVE one of the base cards shipping here from eBay, so I reply back to the seller:
    ME: Hi, appreciate the PM, I was wondering if I could get another price since I only need 3 of the 4 cards (I already have the Tough Franchise card)

So I figured it's a base card, so the seller might take away $2-3, hopefully he'll be generous and take off $4-5... but instead I get this for a reply:

SELLER:
    Thats the best I can do.

Well at this point the deal is now OFF! The seller could've dropped a dollar and I would have bought all 3 cards for $14.00, but no, I'm so annoyed that I am not even going to try and negotiate with this guy... seriously SIMPLE MATH!!!

If W+X+Y+Z = $15
    And W+X+Y = $15 is Z ZERO DOLLARS???!!! In that case I'll take the free card and just pay for shipping!!! I know I'm just rambling on about a couple of bucks here, but it's the concept of things... anf what's with the "That's the best I can do" whoa... is he a car salesman working under commission and those aren't really his cards that he is selling...

I know I'm getting carried away, I'm just frustrated at just how so greedy people can get, it's almost as bad as that thread where someone mentioned how a member wanted cash just for telling him the name of another member who had a particular card he was looking for... Bottom line, 2011-12 ITG Enforcers is not particularly a popular set to complete, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a while until another collector pops up looking to purchase those cards.

Oh well!
    Last edited by TheCardBandit; 12-01-2012 at 01:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves St Louis Rams San Diego Padres
    Twitter: @@charbrian23 See Charbrian23's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

guess it will be his loss..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

yes, his loss, and no chance of a repeat customer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, def his loss. Sounds like he is more of a salesman than any kind of collector. It's probably better this way anyway. I refuse to do business with those types. GOOD LUCK finding what you need. I'm sure you'll get another chance at those cards and at a better deal too.

~Bill~

Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah, def his loss. Sounds like he is more of a salesman than any kind of collector. It's probably better this way anyway. I refuse to do business with those types. GOOD LUCK finding what you need. I'm sure you'll get another chance at those cards and at a better deal too.

~Bill~

Yeah I'm sure I will, they were just a few base cards and autos, not sp's or anything, his loss. I know I'm making a big deal of it, but it's the fact of the matter...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

even worse when they agree to a deal you post it up and they agree...and you get the tomorrow excuse for a week

Blog Entries
    Country

even worse when they agree to a deal you post it up and they agree...and you get the tomorrow excuse for a week

Now is that the, I'll accept the deal tomorrow, or send out the cards tomorrow?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

I'd see it from both points of view. You may be looking to get cards cheap, but he may also be looking to move his stuff and not take a huge loss. We all mostly know what stuff is worth and I'm sure most would like to get the most they can out of things.
    I know when I sell stuff I try to take a good discount off, but sometimes even then you think. Wow I'm gonna give up this much for that little. It can be tough to make deals sometimes though. So just move on to the next guy if this one isn't working for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its simply really to end this frustration over a few pieces of cardboard. Go buy them on EBAY!
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Not surprised by this at all since a large portion of so called collectors in the hobby are only in it for the money no matter how much they deny it. Personally I would have just made the original trade and given you whatever card I had that you needed since we are only talking about a couple of dollars here. I mean how greedy can someone get? You can't even pay for shipping with that small of amount. Geez.