Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Dems have been demanding Reps concede on all fronts for four years. Failure to do so is labeled obstructionist.

Are cuts to the military and/or tax increases on the top 2% on the table at all?Sure doesn't sound like it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, I can somewhat agree with you, but the tax hike (or whatever you would like to call it) would not even equal to putting a wet bandaide on a gaping head wound.

if the dems are willing to regulate and cut welfare, regulate their own spending, cut government pensions and pay to a reasonable size, cutting military waste, cut business taxes, then my extra 2-3k a year won't pay for 10 seconds of their daily budget.

when you are so far in debt and are still budgeted to spend way more than you have coming in, there is no way else but cuts that will start to get you back on track. there is not enough money in this country to keep our current budget balanced.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

alex, I can somewhat agree with you, but the tax hike (or whatever you would like to call it) would not even equal to putting a wet bandaide on a gaping head wound.if the dems are willing to regulate and cut welfare, regulate their own spending, cut government pensions and pay to a reasonable size, cutting military waste, cut business taxes, then my extra 2-3k a year won't pay for 10 seconds of their daily budget.when you are so far in debt and are still budgeted to spend way more than you have coming in, there is no way else but cuts that will start to get you back on track. there is not enough money in this country to keep our current budget balanced.

I was totally unaware Dems were blocking military cuts.As for cutting taxes, how does less income help? Oh, right, owners will hire despite there being no business to justify it because it's the gentlmanly thing to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that's funny, they now have the burden of health care as a tax, but i guess that is the
    gentlmanly thing to do

cutting business tax enough may bring some of our business' back to the united states, why do you think everyone is moving their HQ and manufacturing overseas? cheap labor is nice, but the tax cisco saves by moving the HQ to ireland (i think it was) is crazy, instead of keeping some of it, we lost it all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Okay, but that doesn't answer why military cuts and taxes on the wealthy being off the table completely make the Republicans good compromisers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

never said the republicans were good, well not lately. i think non payroll military cuts, raise taxes on 250k and over, and the rest of what i mentioned would e a decent start.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

never said the republicans were good, well not lately. i think non payroll military cuts, raise taxes on 250k and over, and the rest of what i mentioned would e a decent start.

And yet it's only the Democrats you're mad at for not dealing. Why not hold Republicans accountable the same?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Absolutely!

But you say it is because of the Democrats demands...That is only half the story and you know that. The GOP in the house has/is refusing to let any bill from the Senate be openly debated on the floor...Cantor and Boehner have earned that title! That is all they have done for 2 years. trying to paint it any other way is just BS! Plain and simple

And Harry Reid won't let Reps introduce or amend legislation in the Senate. Compromise works both ways. Both sides are failing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

This is nonsense!!!

The President WON not the freaking GOP!

Most Americans want to implement a Tax Hike on the Rich......it's NOT EVEN A TAX HIKE!

It's simply allowing the Bush Tax cuts to expire on the top 2%.

That is NOT unreasonable.

And Obama SHOULD NOT BACK DOWN!

Fight this all the way.....and if no deal is reached.....FINE....the tax cuts expire for everyone, that's fine by me too!

Letting the Bush tax cuts expire is a tax hike. I am not arguing the reasonableness of it. But it is a tax hike.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, the dems are in charge, they need to lead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast