Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FAKE Calvin SPA Gold on Ebay

I knew the patch looked much different than the rest of his from that year.
    2007 Calvin Johnson SP Authentic Gold Auto jeresy RC 25 Autograph Rookie | eBay

Here is the original 15/25
    2007 SP AUTHENTIC CALVIN JOHNSON ROOKIE AUTO PATCH GOLD
    I collect: Da'Rick Rogers Topps Chrome
    Hidden Content

why in gods name would someone butcher an already good card? even as a 1 color thats worth a ton!!! wow.....
    If you only accept paypal gift, take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
    why in gods name would someone butcher an already good card? even as a 1 color thats worth a ton!!! wow.....
    Thats what I always thought. They get a rookie patch auto #'d/25 of one of the best players in the league...and they feel the need to do that.
    ~Matt
    Avatar- Kieran Richardson/ CRISTIANO RONALDO 2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic Signs of the Times Dual Auto #'d/199
    COLLECTING: Red Sox, Orioles, Eagles, and Frank THE BIG HURT Thomas

Is it just me or does the auto even look different from the original? Look at the bottom of the 2 J's the separation on the 1 color is a lot more than the multicolor one

Quote Originally Posted by greg271126817 View Post
    Is it just me or does the auto even look different from the original? Look at the bottom of the 2 J's the separation on the 1 color is a lot more than the multicolor one
    I agree...the bottom loops on the original have space in them and in the fake patch they do not.
    Tony Graziani Collection: 44/49, Autos: 11/13, GU: 2/2
    Have You Seen This Card: 1999 Upper Deck Encore F/X Gold #11 Tony Graziani 1/1
    1967 Topps FB Set: 132/132 - Complete
    1994 UD Collector's Choice Gold FB Set: 321/384 - 83.6% Complete

Quote Originally Posted by greg271126817 View Post
    I think the signatures are the same. I think it's just a crappy, blurry scan of the faked patch card.

I emailed them yesterday and they responded and took the card down. Did right by me
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
    I emailed them yesterday and they responded and took the card down. Did right by me
    thats good they took it down, i mean its a bummer on their end that they are screwed out of 500 bucks, but they did the right thing aand should just destroy the card at this point.
    If you only accept paypal gift, take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
    did they give any sort of explanation?

I also agree with tinman. I think it's the bad scan that makes it look like the loops are closed. It has always amazed me that people will put up such crappy scans or pictures of decent cards, well... any items really, but on a card you are listing for $600.00 bucks to have a scan like that is simply stupid. Lets assume for a minute that it was not a fake. I could see a nice crisp clear picture bringing in 10-15% more in final price.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

He said he bought it for $800 a year or so ago and was assured it was legit
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast