Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

No

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

That is what's been missing, a good old fashioned misunderstood situation. Let's all be happy to have the right to discuss, and the right to pass the time with a universe that is diverse and will always be a part of us.

I believe that the add-ons of Martin Gelinas and Patrice Brisebois are going to be real positives from a player's developpment point of view. Pierre Gauthier was a free thinker that led us arguably in the mess of some situations, like trading Mike Cammalleri during a pause between two periods.

The problem I see big is the lack of free-manoever that comes with the additions of Kaberle/Bourque/Gomez contracts. I feel like some poor choices were made, and yes, I still miss Guillaume Latendresse, big-forward that can't really be that bad compared to Bourque.

The organisation is also mutch more solid in her roots, returning to a more french-oriented business that is not only there for the eye-candy of a french-public.

However, all is played on the ice, and there the lack of big-time talents and young skills are going to cost us a place in the spring show, if there is one ever.

Let's have fun talking!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

I personally think that things can only improve going forward, 28 of out 30 is hard to beat. I like the direction that the team has taken, brought back ex-players at multiple levels should help. On the ice, they didn't had much more except 3-4 liners depth but also character, which is something that was laking last year. Montreal cound't retain a lead last year. They finished dead last in the league with a 0.533 winning percentage when leading after 1 and 0.690 when leading after 2. All that added character should help out the team. And who knows, at the speed this lockout is getting resolve, we may have a McInnon Lottery at the next draft!

Pat
    1- P.K Subban - Vlad Guerrero (Expos)
    2- Montreal Canadiens Centennial auto'd (current count: 125)
    3- Brian Gionta 10-11 Panini Certified Mirror Emerald, Black and Big men jersey auto
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That is what's been missing, a good old fashioned misunderstood situation. Let's all be happy to have the right to discuss, and the right to pass the time with a universe that is diverse and will always be a part of us.

I believe that the add-ons of Martin Gelinas and Patrice Brisebois are going to be real positives from a player's developpment point of view. Pierre Gauthier was a free thinker that led us arguably in the mess of some situations, like trading Mike Cammalleri during a pause between two periods.

The problem I see big is the lack of free-manoever that comes with the additions of Kaberle/Bourque/Gomez contracts. I feel like some poor choices were made, and yes, I still miss Guillaume Latendresse, big-forward that can't really be that bad compared to Bourque.

The organisation is also mutch more solid in her roots, returning to a more french-oriented business that is not only there for the eye-candy of a french-public.

However, all is played on the ice, and there the lack of big-time talents and young skills are going to cost us a place in the spring show, if there is one ever.

Let's have fun talking!

The bolded part. Yes. Yes, a million times yes.

As I said previously we don't know what the salary cap landscape is going to look like when we emerge from this lockout. The Habs have almost $15M in cap space tied up in those three players, all of whom are a detriment to the team. While every team has at least 1 contract they'd like to see purged from the payroll, the Habs have three of them and they're all under contract for at least one more year (I'm doubtful of a 12-13 season) which is going to have a dramatic impact on the team's ability to go forward. Remember that P.K. didn't get signed before the lockout started so the team was already up to close to $64M in spending in a system that had a $70.2M cap allotted for 12-13. That number is obviously going to come down considerably if the owners get their way. I don't know if teams are going to get an amnesty buyout or two. If they don't, someone's going to have to be traded or buried - and unless the Habs throw in a major sweetener (i.e. top pick or prospect) who is going to take Gomez or Kaberle away?

I think that until at least 2 of those bad contracts are gone this team will not truly be able to move forward to acquire more gifted scoring people. The young guys that are the core of this team--Price, Gorges, Pacioretty, and hopefully Subban in short order--are under contract for the long-term, with a decent supporting cast around them. There are some good prospects in the system. But I think that until this team is able to acquire another 30 goal man and perennial offensive threat, opposing teams are just going to be able to key in on the Two and a Half Men line to shut them down and then just ride out the rest of the game because Plekanec can only work so much magic out there with whatever linemates he's given.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This thread deserves a rebirth...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Yes it certainly does!

Who knows if the Habs are truly a good team or not, they're only playing half the NHL after all. And when the Islanders smoke you twice in a row????

I sure as heck didn't see them at number 1 as of March 14 tho. God bless that Little Ball of Hate Gallagher :)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The question now becomes - are they a good enough team to legitimately compete for the Stanley Cup?

Maybe it's just because last year is still so fresh, but I'm almost worried that the wheels are going to come off at some point and the team will regress to somewhere near the middle of the pack. But they just keep on winning. Carey Price is #1 in the NHL in wins. The rookies are playing out of this world. Pacioretty is his old self. Michael Ryder has quietly been a point-per-game player. Subban was an absolute monster last night and that's what we'll all be expecting from him on a consistent basis.

This team is much easier to watch, enjoy, and love than they were last year.

I'm not quite ready to plan the parade but I suspect that I'll be watching Canadiens hockey well into May and hopefully into June. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good signing this morning with the news that David desharnais inked a deal to stay in the center line. That guy is a true player, respected.

For my part I fear the habs are gonna drop one time, but they just keep on winning. Gallagher is very hot...his shots are not always precise but he brings a lot of excitement to the game...one of the top five rookies for me this year.

Therrien seems in control, Subban is calm...my concerns are about Price...always an elite goaltender...but in the real heat, when it's time to have a Halak game...nope.

So my predictionis that the habs are gonna pas one round and go down...very promising futur.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

have to look back at my "NO" and say, wow, a surprise team.
    i would say a contender now, and i'm a strong B's fan

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was tempted to quote you but since I now try to be cool to everyone I passed. Cool that you mentionned it yourself though!

Even Rene Bourque was on fire for the part he played! Habs can pass one or two rounds in the playoffs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast