Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

An Ebay Question - Never Had This One Happen Before

So, last night I bid and won an auction. Seller had shipping listed at $1.95. Woke up this morning to the invoice - $2.00 for shipping...

I don't mean to make it sound like I'm that petty so as to worry about a nickel, but have you guys ever had a published shipping price change? In a cash environment, sure $12, $11.95, same difference, I drop more change than that in the 'give a penny' tray at the gas station... But I don't ever 'round up' in their favor...

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

No thoughts other then why would you even post this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I think it's a fair concern. I don't mean to sound cheap either and I can't say I have run into it. I would like to guess that the $0.05 increase was an honest mistake, but the $1.95 should carry over to the invoice without a problem. However, if the seller manually changed the invoice, that's pretty sleazy in my opinion. So why does this matter? It's such a small amount that many people (myself included) would just pay it and move on but let's say the person was a Power Seller and sells 100 cards a week. That's an extra $5 in their pocket every week or $260/year. If the person is doing this on eBay, what are the chances of them nickel and diming everyone in their life?

A few months ago I purchased a few cards from a guy, he was short $0.25. Between the change that we both had, he could have offered a slight discount since I was paying full price for the cards, but instead he told me that I was out of luck on getting the proper change form him. Right after that a friend bought some cards and handed the guy some change including a couple of quarters and the seller still never even offered evening things up with me even though he had ample opportunity. A few weeks later I was talking to a guy who runs a local card show and we end up talking about this guy and how he does business (shorting change isn't the only thing). The guy I was talking to said that the seller was interested in possibly setting up at the next show, but after our conversation he decided that he didn't this seller there. The last he wanted was a guy who stiffs everyone who buys from his booth.

So back to the topic - I hope that it was just an honest mistake of the eBay seller, but sometimes being cheap doesn't build relationships and it may do more harm than good in the long run.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ericspiece's Items on eBay

No thoughts other then why would you even post this?

Principal. I don't care about a nickle or a penny. But say I check out at the cashier and my total comes to $1.49 and I pay $1.50. If they start to hand me the penny, I say, "keep it, thanks". If they take the buck fifty, close the drawer and say, "thanks, have a nice day", you bet your butt I'm going to ask for my penny.

In the OP's case, I would request an invoice change on principal alone. To some it may not matter, but as it just pointed out, there are those sleaze bags out there who will sucker 100 people a week out of that nickle for a dishonest profit. I work hard for my money.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You quite often see the formatted eBay page where you see some outlandish sum for shipping like $5.00.

When you get into the nuts and bolts of the auction, you find out that the $5.00 shipping charge is to Europe only. The shipping to your part of the World is $2.50 or $3.00. Now $5.00 shipping to Europe for one card is still outrageous.

Many sellers when you tell them this, they are oblivious to what is actually happening with their auction page as viewed by others.

Now in terms of having a shipping charge increase? Well the seller needs a talking to, and they need to elaborate why you've had to pay an extra .25 cents.

If they baulk at a reasonable explanation and do not offer to fix the problem, or they are ambivalent and don't offer any solutions, then there is no reason why they should get either 1 Star Rating on shipping, or a Negative, or both.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Now $5.00 shipping to Europe for one card is still outrageous.

I have told Canada Post this a couple times as well.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

So, last night I bid and won an auction. Seller had shipping listed at $1.95. Woke up this morning to the invoice - $2.00 for shipping...

I don't mean to make it sound like I'm that petty so as to worry about a nickel, but have you guys ever had a published shipping price change? In a cash environment, sure $12, $11.95, same difference, I drop more change than that in the 'give a penny' tray at the gas station... But I don't ever 'round up' in their favor...

Thoughts?

How much do you spend per month busting wax?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I hates those madness with rates of shipping to europe...$5, $5.50 or $10 (sometimes even at $7-$8) are what I for most pays in shipping for JUST ONE CARD for mostly now....but when I receives the envelope and of course it's much less than what the seller charged me for shipping.

The strangest remains yet that those who charged me at +$10 almost never gives me the tracking numbers (they just ships as regular mail!) while I experienced that many of those cheap-a** cards who I bought with low shipping expenses ineed got a tracking number attached at them (at my ebay page)!

Sorry for a bit OT!

0.05 extra in shipping charge is nothing but of course it's a very principal matter, especially when if you ineed only got a specific amount remaining at your bank account and suddenly you can't pay the 0.05 raise so I should be mad otherwise....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Yeah the shipping to Europe is insane. I charge $6.00 myself.. $4.80 postage *1.13 = $5.43 + 0.30 bubble + $0.10-$0.50 for top loader (depending on card)= $5.93-$6.43 cost to ship... it's nuts.