Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Judge temporarily blocks California gay therapy law

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This stuff (gay therapy) is ILLEGAL in many parts of Europe.

And it should be illegal here in the U.S too.

Being gay is NOT a disease, it is not a mental disorder, and like SOME christians believe, it is also not the work of the "devil".

Gay therapy DOES NOT work and it's a form of psychological TORTURE for these people.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What if they say "I am having gay thoughts and tendencies and I don't want to"? Should they still not receive therapy? The way I read this is that therapist can not provide therapy on the subject, period. People who want therapy for this matter should not have it blocked by the government.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why does it have to be gay therapy. Why can't anyone who is having sexual thoughts that they are uncomfortable with be able to seek therapy?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well from what I am reading, California is blocking any therapy intended to help people who are having gay feelings or tendencies. My guess is the term "gay therapy" is not what the psychiatrist actually call it and is probably some term that liberal activist have applied to it to try and make it sound mean and dirty to sway public opinion.

Quite simply, if someone seeks therapy for something the government should not be blocking it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No. What's been blocked is conservative Christians sending their teenagers to have the gay brainwashed out of them. Most practitioners of this "therapy" (more like psychological torture) have no credentials of any sort. It's a horrible practice. It is not intended for anything but for king christian beliefs on people through brainwashing.
    That said, Duane is not wrong. If this law can reach into legitimate theory (which would go against the spirit of the law) then wordings need to be changed.
    This gay therapy is not therapy. It is torture

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I remember a few years ago reading about a doctor in China who would give gays shock therapy in an effort to "treat" their homosexuality.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you guys read the article you would have caught this part...

Aaron Bitzer, a former patient who is studying to become a counselor who specializes in clients who are unhappy being gay.

I realize that there are people who take their gay kids for counseling and while some of you might not like it, that is their right as the parent. But in this case I am seeing evidence that this is not just an effort to block people from forceful therapy, but an effort to block willing therapy too. That is just plain wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you guys read the article you would have caught this part...

I realize that there are people who take their gay kids for counseling and while some of you might not like it, that is their right as the parent. But in this case I am seeing evidence that this is not just an effort to block people from forceful therapy, but an effort to block willing therapy too. That is just plain wrong.

If a parent has a child who is 5 and showing gay tendencies then yes they may want to have them see someone. However if the child is 17, gay and happy with it he/she should not be forced to see anyone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If a parent has a child who is 5 and showing gay tendencies then yes they may want to have them see someone. However if the child is 17, gay and happy with it he/she should not be forced to see anyone.

And if a parent has a child who is 17, is having gay feelings, and wants to see a therapist because he/she is unhappy with those feelings, the state of California should not block that child from getting the treatment that he/she desires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast