Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bowman chrome or topps chrome

which do you like better 2012 topps chrome or 2012 bowman chrome and why? How did topps chrome mess up where they dont have a Trout rc in either last yr or this yrs cards?? Looking to get a couple boxes of one or the other depending what you guys say.

2. Wata Photo
    Trout was in 2011 Topps Update I believe
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

but not chrome.. I just dont see how they can not include him. He's the biggest rookie in a long time and chrome just passes on him? Seems strange.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Mike Trout's 2012 Topps Chrome rookie card.

I like both sets, but the Bowman Chrome will retain it's value better. But I still buy both.
    Last edited by the 'stache; 12-05-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

the bowmans will probably be worth more if a player becomes a star...but as far as just busting packs, i enjoy getting players i already know, so i'd pick topps.

that card doesnt have the RC in any of the corners, looks like just a base card to me. Im saying topps chrome doesn't have a true rc of him in 2011 or 2012. No trout rookie autos or rookie relics am i correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Daws1089 View Post
    that card doesnt have the RC in any of the corners, looks like just a base card to me. Im saying topps chrome doesn't have a true rc of him in 2011 or 2012. No trout rookie autos or rookie relics am i correct?
    A card with "RC" is still just a base card, unless it appears on a refractor.

His "rookie card" would be the 2011 Bowman Chrome. It had the RC logo. Why there was no Mike Trout in 2011 Topps Chrome, I'm not sure. But if you're looking for a "RC" in 2012, you're not going to find it.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws1089 View Post
    but not chrome.. I just dont see how they can not include him. He's the biggest rookie in a long time and chrome just passes on him? Seems strange.
    I'm pretty sure Topps Chrome doesn't include any stuff from Update because Topps Chrome uses stuff from Series 1 and 2 and then adds rookie autographs to the base set.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I would get topps chrome, because its more stars than prospects so the hits are of ppl you know
    Bucket- Hidden Content
    Hamels
    Kershaw
    Starlin Castro
    (Under Construction)- Hidden Content

If you like prospects do Bowman Chrome, if you like names you recognize already then Topps Chrome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast