Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama weighing military options if Syria uses chemical weapons

http://news.yahoo.com/us-weighing-mi...223957678.html

The White House and its allies are weighing military options to secure Syria's chemical and biological weapons, after U.S. intelligence reports show the Syrian regime may be readying those weapons and may be desperate enough to use them, U.S. officials said Monday.

President Barack Obama, in a speech at the National Defense University on Monday, pointedly warned Syrian President Bashar Assad not to use his arsenal.

"Today I want to make it absolutely clear to Assad and those under his command: The world is watching," Obama said. "The use of chemical weapons is and would be totally unacceptable. And if you make the tragic mistake of using these weapons, there will be consequences and you will be held accountable."

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, in Prague for meetings with Czech officials, said she wouldn't outline any specifics.

"But suffice it to say, we are certainly planning to take action if that eventuality were to occur," Clinton said.

Options now being considered range from aerial strikes to limited raids by regional forces to secure the stockpiles, according to one current U.S. official, and one former U.S. official, briefed on the matter. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the issue publicly.

The administration remains reluctant to dispatch U.S. forces into Syria, but a U.S. special operations training team is in neighboring Jordan, teaching troops there how to safely secure such sites together with other troops from the region, the officials said.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Nope have the U. N. take the lead. The U.S. is support only. We can't afford any more wars.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nope have the U. N. take the lead. The U.S. is support only. We can't afford any more wars.

^^^

The U.S should NOT be the Police of the world.

I'm sorry, but it is NOT our problem what happens in foreign countries.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

^^^

Daily Double

CHURCH!!
    CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^^^

In a rare occurrence, you and I agree. I am tired of seeing our troops risk their lives to protect people who hate us in a fight that isn't our fight.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Wed like to zee the US not be the world police too.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The problem is that the UN sits and waits for the US to do something. It is a rare occasion that UN troops are the first into a region of major conflict. In fact, I can't remember the last time they were the first into anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The problem is that the UN sits and waits for the US to do something. It is a rare occasion that UN troops are the first into a region of major conflict. In fact, I can't remember the last time they were the first into anywhere.

Well generally you do what you want regardless of the UN. So it makes sense to wait for you guys and see what the mess is going to be before the rest of us go in.