Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would do Topps Chrome as well. I love those packs. Usually, you can pull some cool looking rookies and refractors. The refractors look so nice too.

Are you looking for one set over the years? Or one set for every year? Topps Chrome is a solid choice, but 2001 is BEYOND a pain in the butt, and it leaves you without a Brady RC in 2000. Also, wax for these products is very high compared to the value for the complete set. It would take about $400 in wax to complete the 2012 Topps Chrome set, where it can be had for less than $40 on eBay.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

I was more thinking of starting this year and then working my way forward. I might try to go back and purchase some older sets or build some on my own, but 95% of the plan is to just start this year and move forward. I know it probably sounds weird, but since I only really started focusing on card collecting within the last few weeks, and I missed the release of Chrome this year, I would prefer not to collect Chrome for this year. I will have to limit myself to one of the sets that has not been released yet. I know that's a weird way to go about it.

Chrome just came out in the last few weeks, its not like you missed it to be honest. One thing you could benefit from is that you can get boxes cheaper a few months after release. So if a box of Prestige comes out at $100, a few months later merchants are already trying to clear shelf space for the next wave of 10 products coming and will discount them 20%-25%. So in theory, you could just pick what product you like, start collecting something a few months old, get it on the cheap, buy a few boxes, then just fill any holes you have buy trading on here or buying them from your LCS or on a well known auction site. Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
    If I were to ask you to build a Topps Chrome set and stop when you feel that you are complete, what all cards would you have at the end? All of the different color parallels or what?
    I do the Topps Chrome "Base Master Set" each year. Cards 1-220, and all insert sets. So this year that would be the 1984 reprints, 1957 reprints, 1965 reprints, the QB rookie card reprints (older QBs), and the rookie die-cuts. I might be missing one, but I think that's all.

I do not include ANY refractors in my base set, or X-fracs, or whatever. To me, that is a whole other set: The refractor set.
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

Quote Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
    I was more thinking of starting this year and then working my way forward. I might try to go back and purchase some older sets or build some on my own, but 95% of the plan is to just start this year and move forward. I know it probably sounds weird, but since I only really started focusing on card collecting within the last few weeks, and I missed the release of Chrome this year, I would prefer not to collect Chrome for this year. I will have to limit myself to one of the sets that has not been released yet. I know that's a weird way to go about it.
    If you want to dive in for cheap, just order some Retail boxes (24 packs, no guaranteed auto) off Ebay. Cheaper than hobby boxes, same amount of cards.
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12