Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Black Friday Break from D&A.... 4 Contenders, Zenith and Score R&T sets

I took advantage of the deal at Dave and Adams Card World and bought 4 of the Contenders combos. Each combo gave you a box of Contenders, a blaster of Zenith and a Score Rookie and Traded set for $59.99. Good deal even though I did get dinged at the door for an extra $40 on delivery.

2 of the R&T sets and 2 of the Zenith Blasters went into the closet for stocking stuffers.... the rest I opened :)

I'll just list the biggest hits of the boxes, but I haven't had the chance to scan anything yet.

2 Score R&T set Autos
    Chris Mueller
    Ryan McDonagh

Zenith: 2 blasters
    Brodie Dupont rc /999
    Tavares Ice card? (Blue dufex kinda card) 17/25
    Fleischmann winter warriors jersey
    Regin winter warriors jersey

4 Contenders boxes

Lidstrom (shiny refractor looking thing) 08/100
    Loui Eriksson 72/100

Maxime Macenauer black calder contenders 36/100

Lehner NHL Ink
    Faulk NHL Ink
    Cam Ward NHL Ink
    Palushaj NHL Ink

Allan York rc auto /800
    Ben Scrivens rc auto /800
    Colin Greening rc auto /800
    Tim Erixon rc auto /800
    Brett Connolly rc auto /800
    Simon Despres rc auto /800
    Zack Kassian rc auto /800
    Cody Hodgson rc auto /800

Doughty/Johnson dual NHL Ink redemption (redeemed)

Contenders Matchup booklet quad auto redemption (redeemed)

Datsyuk / Toews / Sharp / Howard

I think I did pretty good based on cost.

A total of 14 autos in the 4 contenders boxes so its a little better than the stated odds, but no patches at all so a bit disappionting. The zenith was just meh, but then again they are only blasters so what can you expect really?

I love the McDonagh auto from Score, and I'm excited to see whats in the other blasters and Score sets now.

Last edited by Habitforming; 12-05-2012 at 03:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

The Zenith Tavares is the White Hot Parallel. List it wisely on ebay if you are selling it (Not at a 99 cent auction) because I haven't seen one before; Contenders /100 are the gold parallels.

Also, what's with everyone being disappointed by no patches but hitting booklets? I was hoping for a book in my box but hit a patch lol... You did really well. The Doughty/Johnson is an SP /75 as well as the booklet. Let's put it this way, last book went for $140, and yours is only the second or third one I have heard about being pulled.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jlai624's Items on eBay

The Zenith Tavares is the White Hot Parallel. List it wisely on ebay if you are selling it (Not at a 99 cent auction) because I haven't seen one before; Contenders /100 are the gold parallels.

Also, what's with everyone being disappointed by no patches but hitting booklets? I was hoping for a book in my box but hit a patch lol... You did really well. The Doughty/Johnson is an SP /75 as well as the booklet. Let's put it this way, last book went for $140, and yours is only the second or third one I have heard about being pulled.

#firstworldproblems

SCF Rewards
    Country

Habit you killed those boxes congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Very nice breaks! Congrats on the booklet, and it's great to see that you got a nice Tavares from Zenith and a decent rookie auto from Score.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very nice breaks my friend! Looks like a good time!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info on the inserts, they don't list them on packs anymore so I never know what they are unless I get in deep into a product.

I love the booklet concept (not the sticker autos), but I guess I just like getting them in hand when I open the packs more. I'm sure my view will change drastically once its in hand.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Added some scans.

Thanks for the comments!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Thanks for the info on the inserts, they don't list them on packs anymore so I never know what they are unless I get in deep into a product.

I love the booklet concept (not the sticker autos), but I guess I just like getting them in hand when I open the packs more. I'm sure my view will change drastically once its in hand.

Totally agree with you. Redemptions suck, but a lot of the time it's the agents, not the players themselves, who create the delays.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Finalfantastic's Items on eBay

I would say you did well! Some nice cards there! If you happened to pull the Skinner GOLD R&T card let me know as I am in need of it? Congrats on the nice haul, Brad.
    Super Collecting Jeff Skinner
    Wantlist- Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast