Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Why??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why??

I was discussing this on another website and want to bring the fun over the P&R. Warning this topic is going to open pandora's box. Here it is. Why is it in 2012-13 it is socially acceptable for a woman to expect a man to completely take care of her but if a man wants a woman to take care of him is he considered a trifflin, lazy, good for nothing bum? All thoughts and opinions are welcome especially from the ladies.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 12-05-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the same reason a woman who sleeps around is a tramp and a man who does is a stud.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the same reason a woman who sleeps around is a tramp and a man who does is a stud.

Good point but when will it ever stop? Women complain that all men are dogs and men complain that women are only after them for their money. We need to change the way we raise our sons/daughters so they will not have the same type of problems dealing with the opposite sex that people now a days are having.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

it will never stop. you cannot change the laws of nature. men and women have different natural roles in society. men generally have personalities and physical attributes that make them natural providers. women are natural mothers and caretakers. it's just the way we are wired.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it will never stop. you cannot change the laws of nature. men and women have different natural roles in society. men generally have personalities and physical attributes that make them natural providers. women are natural mothers and caretakers. it's just the way we are wired.

So we just have to accept adultrey and gold digging because that's just the way it is? If so that really sucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i think as a whole is has not changed but individuals have changed. i raised my daughters to not rely on men, WOMAN POWER!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My wife and I have had this discussion. It is an interesting paradigm. Before I go any further I should clarify that my wife and I fit the mold (to some degree) of the wife being the moneymaker and the man not being the moneymaker. My wife went to college first while I ran a small business and was a stay-at-home dad. The net result for the last 10 years has been that she earns more than me. She has since gotten her Master's degree and is currently about 50% finished with her doctorate while I still only have a BS. Because of this she earns about 2.5x what I do. Combined we have a six figure household income, but anyone who knows us knows that she is the one bringing home the bulk of our income.

Other than a 1.5 year period where I was finishing up my degree and taking 20+ hours of classes per semester, my wife has never "taken care" of me. I think that this concept that a man who is taken care of by his woman is lazy is a holdover from the old days. I certainly experienced some odd responses from people when they asked where I worked and I had to explain that I was an unemployed full-time college student and my wife was the only one working at the time.

I think that most of the "a guy who wants a woman to take care of him is lazy" concept comes from the attitude of the man. Does he lay around, watch TV, goof off, take naps and generally do nothing to contribute to his house? Then yes, he is lazy. Does he clean up the house, do the shopping, pick the kids up from school, make dinner, wash dishes, mow the lawn and still have time to love on his woman when she gets home from work? Then no, he isn't lazy, they have simply switched traditional roles.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

So we just have to accept adultrey and gold digging because that's just the way it is? If so that really sucks.

We don't have to accept it, but there is nothing we can do about it on a large scale cultural level. We can only control it on an individual level, and we can influence those we know.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My wife and I have had this discussion. It is an interesting paradigm. Before I go any further I should clarify that my wife and I fit the mold (to some degree) of the wife being the moneymaker and the man not being the moneymaker. My wife went to college first while I ran a small business and was a stay-at-home dad. The net result for the last 10 years has been that she earns more than me. She has since gotten her Master's degree and is currently about 50% finished with her doctorate while I still only have a BS. Because of this she earns about 2.5x what I do. Combined we have a six figure household income, but anyone who knows us knows that she is the one bringing home the bulk of our income.

Other than a 1.5 year period where I was finishing up my degree and taking 20+ hours of classes per semester, my wife has never "taken care" of me. I think that this concept that a man who is taken care of by his woman is lazy is a holdover from the old days. I certainly experienced some odd responses from people when they asked where I worked and I had to explain that I was an unemployed full-time college student and my wife was the only one working at the time.

I think that most of the "a guy who wants a woman to take care of him is lazy" concept comes from the attitude of the man. Does he lay around, watch TV, goof off, take naps and generally do nothing to contribute to his house? Then yes, he is lazy. Does he clean up the house, do the shopping, pick the kids up from school, make dinner, wash dishes, mow the lawn and still have time to love on his woman when she gets home from work? Then no, he isn't lazy, they have simply switched traditional roles.

CHURCH!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Like Duane, I've swapped roles with my wife. My insurance is still bringing an income, and an okay one, but she's working and I'm not. At first I felt bad about it, like if I don't have a job, I'm not man. Since I've been home, though I've realized that 90% o "real" men couldn't handle taking care of a child. I've gained so much respect for housewives in the last year and a half. This ain't easy.