Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Detroit Coucilwoman Wants Obama Quid Pro Quo Bailout For Votes

I found this interesting...

Detroit Councilwoman JoAnn Watson wants Barack Obama to bail the city out of it's financial crisis because the district that the city resides in voted 75% in favor of Obama and played a role in his reelection bid. Experts predict the city will be bankrupt by years end without help.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...w-bail-us-out/

Yet it seems that JoAnn Watson is a part of the problem instead of a part of the soultion. In 2009 it came to the attention of the media that she doesn't pay fair property taxes. City records showed that her land was an empty lot and has showed it that way for a decade. In 2009 she only paid $68 in property taxes while homes of similar value pay between $2000 and $6500 in property taxes.

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index....member_jo.html

I just don't understand how people like this get re-elected to office. On one hand she expects a government handout to fix the problems of a city that she has been a councilwoman for for years (clearly she and her co-councilpersons are doing a "wonderful" job) and on the other hand she contributes to the problem by paying a fraction of her property taxes while claiming ignorance that he property tax should have been more than $68.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

and exactly how many electoral votes did Michigan give towards Obama for re-election? Sorry lady but though the votes were substantially in favor of Obama the state as a whole didn't really do too much in tipping the scale towards Obama getting elected

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

and exactly how many electoral votes did Michigan give towards Obama for re-election? Sorry lady but though the votes were substantially in favor of Obama the state as a whole didn't really do too much in tipping the scale towards Obama getting elected

I don't think any one state can be credited with tipping anything in Obama's favour.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I don't think any one state can be credited with tipping anything in Obama's favour.

well California has 55, which by itself would have really dramatically changed the look of the election results. Michigan does have 16 which was more than I thought they would

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

well California has 55, which by itself would have really dramatically changed the look of the election results. Michigan does have 16 which was more than I thought they would

It was a fairly decicive win for the electoral votes across the board. Sure certain entire states could have made it different had they been completely opposite, but that's kind of a universal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just don't understand how people like this get re-elected to office. On one hand she expects a government handout to fix the problems of a city that she has been a councilwoman for for years (clearly she and her co-councilpersons are doing a "wonderful" job) and on the other hand she contributes to the problem by paying a fraction of her property taxes while claiming ignorance that he property tax should have been more than $68.

She's a Democrat from Detroit. When was the last time they elected a non Democrat? It would take a miracle or a catastrophe for her to not be re-elected and then some other Democrat would take her place (with the knowledge that they could do anything and basically always get re-elected) so the same cycle would happen again.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

She's a Democrat from Detroit. When was the last time they elected a non Democrat? It would take a miracle or a catastrophe for her to not be re-elected and then some other Democrat would take her place (with the knowledge that they could do anything and basically always get re-elected) so the same cycle would happen again.

I guess that expalins why they will be bankrupt in a few weeks. I heard on TV last night that they lost $5 million in Fed funding because they were sited for massive corruption and nepotism and mishandling of funds.