Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have christians never even read their bibles???

1st Timothy 6:10: "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

This is probably one of the most wises of all texts in the bible, it was true 2000 years ago and IT REMAINS true today.

The greatest Hypocrisy of course is the fact that the GOP (Defenders of the ultra rich) also claim to be the Christian values group......it makes me SICK!

What does this have to do with anything? Poor people can love money too. It doesn't say money is the root of all evil. And the correct translation is, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, not anti rich? I am dumbfounded right now, did anyone else watch it?

I'm not even talking about the video, I didn't need to see it to understand what's going on.

Do you guys realize that poor people can be greedy and find loopholes too? I actually know way more poor people who work the system to get everything for free so they don't have to work, than greedy rich people.

Yeah, those darn poor people, right!

They got it made!

It goes both ways, unlike what the video showed.

Yeah.....poor people have so much power in this country!

They control our politicians and they control our finances and the things they do directly influence the economy, and they're also the ones responsible for the great recession of 2008.

Are you kidding me....it goes both ways?

NO, it doesn't!

And trying to shift the blame from the people who DESERVE the blame to poor people is quite hilarious.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does this have to do with anything? Poor people can love money too. It doesn't say money is the root of all evil. And the correct translation is, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil

Exactly, it doesn't say money is the root of all evil.....thus I'm not making an anti-rich case.

I'm making an anti-GREED case!

Poor people can love money all they want but since they don't have any, they can't do the malicious, horribly EVIL deeds that some rich people do.

• Such as profiting off of the misery of others......WALL STREET!

• Corrupting politicians so they get their agendas through.

• Trying to shift the tax burden on lower classes despite making so much money.

Do Poor people do these things?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not even talking about the video, I didn't need to see it to understand what's going on.

Yeah, those darn poor people, right!

They got it made!

Yeah.....poor people have so much power in this country!

They control our politicians and they control our finances and the things they do directly influence the economy, and they're also the ones responsible for the great recession of 2008.

Are you kidding me....it goes both ways?

NO, it doesn't!

And trying to shift the blame from the people who DESERVE the blame to poor people is quite hilarious.

Laugh all you want. I find blaming the rich for everything and claiming the poor pay a higher % in taxes (or taxes at all) than the rich is quite comical also. If you want to join the conversation, you might want to actually watch the video first so you know where I'm coming from...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was losing interest when I saw it is an 8 minute video. I lost what little I had left when it started off by saying "...they had a great education system, safe streets, and jobs for everyone. There were a few poor people, a few rich people, most were in the middle." This clearly has nothing to do with America.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex busts out the Biblical quote!!!!

wickabee, don't have an issue with raising taxes on them, but would like to see deductions for anyone who creates any fulltime jobs, and who gives to a charity.

big bossman (thought you would like that) you could be right, a trip to the 50's might change my mind, i an open to that.
    but from what i have seen in my life time, there are just as many selfish and bad poor people as rich people.
    i don't think being punished (not by taxation but by the stereotype) is plain old unfair.

the examples i heard of people getting rich off other peoples labor have been foolish, you don't split your profits with all your employees, it is your business and you who started it. even if you use the infrastructure you found a way to utilize it, that is a good thing. now please don't think i am for slave and child labor, I am talking legit business' here in the USA

perhaps you can call me somewhat selfish. because i hate how much in taxes i already pay and an increase really makes me mad. i should not have to give 30% of what i make, that is nearly 4 months a year I work to give to the government already, but yet they i have busted my butt for 20 years in my industry to get the pay i do now, and the same goes for my wife (and we are both back in school). we are law abiding, tax paying upper middle class, but it was not handed to us.
    i can't imagine being a doctor who has spent a decade in training and has a student loan that equals what 3-4 times that of the average household annual income and not make the type of money they do, and people say it is unfair. that's just a load of junk to me.
    don't get me wrong there are flaws in everything, but the rich have been unfairly stereotyped by many.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

A few quick notes.

I do not want to give this corrupt, wasteful government another penny.

Obama is a huge hypocrite in that he used class warfare rhetoric to get elected, yet has done nothing to punish the law breaking and corruption on Wall Street.

The Republicans got schooled by the Democrats. They let Obama push off the fiscal issue until after the election and in return, now they are looking like the bad guys for not raising taxes on the wealthy. Idiots.

Screw the Republicans. They are punishing conservatives that aren't towing the line and moving closer to Democrat positions. You'd think they'd learn that moving away from conservatism is a losing proposition after getting their asses handed to them after selecting two RINOs in consecutive Presidential elections.

There is some upside to going off the fiscal cliff because it will illustrate the mirage that is our current economic condition. There will be a lot of pain, but we still won't be anywhere near balancing the budget. Perhaps this will force the politicians to look at making significant cuts to Defense, Social Security, and Medicare.

SCF Rewards
    Country

a
    perhaps you can call me somewhat selfish. because i hate how much in taxes i already pay and an increase really makes me mad. i should not have to give 30% of what i make, that is nearly 4 months a year I work to give to the government already, but yet they i have busted my butt for 20 years in my industry to get the pay i do now, and the same goes for my wife (and we are both back in school). we are law abiding, tax paying upper middle class, but it was not handed to us.
    i can't imagine being a doctor who has spent a decade in training and has a student loan that equals what 3-4 times that of the average household annual income and not make the type of money they do, and people say it is unfair. that's just a load of junk to me.
    don't get me wrong there are flaws in everything, but the rich have been unfairly stereotyped by many.

This post made me laugh.. This is the point of discussion right here. People have been hitting both extremes but everybody forgets the people IN THE MIDDLE. For every 1 person out there that wants to not contribute his fair share and have the government support them, there is a rich person out there who finds the necessary loop holes to pay a couple of thousand dollars per million earned. Most everybody here is forgetting the middle class.

I will say that higher taxes is going to result in something not good for me. I will be graduating college and getting married in 2014. When it is all said and done I will be starting a life with 60-70k in debt. We are both entering a field where 50k per individual is not out of the question IF we can find a market big enough for the two of us. If my wife and I will lose more then 30% of our income on top of this debt, it will take us a couple of years just to get a foothold in our pursuit of happiness.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I wonder what those numbers really mean???? hmmmmm

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I think what is surprising me thus far is the lack of history and knowledge from some of the posters here....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast