Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(37)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See 1967Leafsfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Bad Ebay Seller dofus_09

AUCTION LINK: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170944358238?...84.m1439.l2649

Not sure if this is where to post this, but the story needs to be shared. I bought a card from this seller dofus_09, and paid right away, plus a few others I had purchased that night. I noticed I did not get the payment receipt notice, so I checked, and saw that the funds were unclaimed by the seller. I sent him an email asking what was up.

So after a couple days went by the seller contacted me stating he would try to straighten things out with paypal. I responded with their phone number, and what he should do. A couple days more went by, and I got an email back stating it should be fine now. I checked, and the funds had been accepted. A couple more days went by, and I got the item had shipped notice. Finally, I was hoping it was all over!

Fast forward to today, and I get a PWE in the mail from this guy. Inside was the Robinson auto in a top loader taped shut, and a David Booth GU card from UD taped to the top loader in just a penny sleeve, no top loader, with a note stating sorry for the delay. It was nice he sent me a free card for my troubles, but not necessary. The Booth GU was miraculously undamaged. I wish I could say that about the card I bought. All 4 corners were dinged on it (see scans below). I looked back at the auction pic, and I couldn't see any damage in the scan he provided. I then looked a little closer, and noticed that the card I was sent had a different signature than the one in the auction. You can really tell by the ending of the signature. So this POS pulled a bait, and switch on me, I guess because the auction ended so low? Is that my fault? Ummm, no! The guy has 56 feedback, and ended his auction mid morning on a weekday. You do the math why it ended low!

I sent him an email just now stating he's gonna be reported for his switch, and I will be leaving negative feedback if he doesn't send me the card I paid for, and more important, one that isn't dinged on all 4 corners. I told him I'd send back this card to him. Now, I don't expect him to follow through, but I'm giving him the opportunity to make this right. I just can't believe the balls on some people. Basically, he's punishing me for the crappy price he got on his auction. This is by far one of the worst ebay experiences I've ever had. Avoid this idiot at all costs.

AUCTION PICTURE

CARD SENT TO ME

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The 2nd card was used numerous times in a card fight. That card is a mess. He waited so long that you are unable to make a claim.

You should have started a claim on day 14, then when the card arrived like this, gotten your money back. Don't ever let more than 14 days go by, ..........ever.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(37)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

The 2nd card was used numerous times in a card fight. That card is a mess. He waited so long that you are unable to make a claim.

You should have started a claim on day 14, then when the card arrived like this, gotten your money back. Don't ever let more than 14 days go by, ..........ever.

I'm well aware of the alotted time I have to make a claim, and if you really must know it's 45 days, not 14 like you stated. I don't want my money back, I want the card I bought. It isn't about the money, it's only $13, but that's not the point. This seller is a POS, and everyone needs to know. Even on the PWE envelope he only put his first name, and no last. There is 2 last names listed in the paypal info. Everything about him is shady. I'm surprised at all I even got a card from him. I've given him the opportunity to make this sale right, and if not I'll just leave negative feedback, which will destroy his feedback percentage, plus I'll hit him with low ratings because of the PWE, and damaged cards. What upsets me more than the money is I need this card for my set, and now I'm probably gonna have to find another one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow...just wow!
    To use an another pic of the card when he/she actually got not same card and ineed sent to you...how stupid can these people get actually?

Just looks like if a 5-years child played with the poor card!

Country

what a doofis!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I'm well aware of the alotted time I have to make a claim, and if you really must know it's 45 days, not 14 like you stated. I don't want my money back, I want the card I bought. It isn't about the money, it's only $13, but that's not the point. This seller is a POS, and everyone needs to know. Even on the PWE envelope he only put his first name, and no last. There is 2 last names listed in the paypal info. Everything about him is shady. I'm surprised at all I even got a card from him. I've given him the opportunity to make this sale right, and if not I'll just leave negative feedback, which will destroy his feedback percentage, plus I'll hit him with low ratings because of the PWE, and damaged cards. What upsets me more than the money is I need this card for my set, and now I'm probably gonna have to find another one.

Er...Um, this has nothing to do with the 45 days, and everything to do with the entire transaction should have been wrapped up on day 15. Bottom line....when somebody starts farting around like this guy does, simply ask for your money back or put in a claim.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(37)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Some detective work done on another board found that this idiot stole the image from the following ebay listing that is still live. Looks like this guy doesn't have another Robinson, and I'm SOL. I'm gonna let them know, as I've bought from them before, and I'm calling paypal tonight to see what else I can do besides leaving him negative feedback. People like this don't deserve to have an ebay account.

STOLEN IMAGE LISTING: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120786565668

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(37)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

So, a few days ago I open a case against this guy, as he ignored my email about the damaged card. I esculated it to a claim right away, because I know this guy isn't gonna show his face, or respond, and I just want it over with. I get an email from paypal tonight stating they sided with me, and that I'm to mail the item back to the seller with tracking. I'm guessing that would cost $10-12, so what the hell is the point? I doubt that the money will still be in his account (he hadn't sold in 6 months, and only had 2 cards listed mine, and another one, which was a couple bucks card), so according to paypal I should fork out another $12 to maybe recoup $12.99? I have no doubt in my mind this company is right up there with the stupidest employees in the world. What makes this sting, because it really isn't the money, it was only $12.99, is the fact that this POS is not only gonna keep the money, because it isn't worth while to go after it, he is still able to sell on ebay. That pees me off the most.